Mike Warfield....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 09:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Mike Warfield....

This dude... hardest working mf'r in the game.

I just wanted to give some props to this dude. Seriously. He's been a pioneer in the bay area subaru scene since day 1. Honestly as good or better than any subaru tuner and tuner in general in the world.

Hard working is an understatement. Honest is a perfect word to describe him.

Guy is busting his butt right now. Away from his family. Etc.

So grateful for this guy. And you guys should be too. Had he not called me 3 years ago who the hell knows if you guys would have a Bay Area Subaru Meet to go to but I know for sure it wouldn't be the one you have to look forward to in August.

Legit. Honest. Hard working. Smart as hell. *** hole in the best possible terms.

Feel very grateful right now to be able to call him a friend and someone I look up to very much. If I was still local he'd probably hate me because I'd have my own sleeping bag at the shop. Be there every day.

Freaking love this dude. Go kill it brother!

All you other folks... go get tuned by mike.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:22 PM

Car Info: WRB Wagon
Couldnt have said it better Ray, Mike truly is a self made man and to do it in the fashion he has.. I have ultra respect for the guy, also to be as humble, honest and helpful as he is at this day in age after what he's already accomplished... **** the sky's the limit!!

I hope somehow he/we/iclub can get Mike, Jeff and the L out to world time attack(or the BRZ to pikes peak..) that would be pretty ****ing cool... and to be able to say "oh Mike? yeah he tuned my car!"

Again, massive respect for Mike, you dont have to ask me who tunes my car
Old 06-26-2015, 11:32 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Dude is a total ****** and a poof! (j/k)

No one, no one is allowed to touch my FXT but him, and Mert.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 2013 STI Hatch
SCOTUS barley makes the announcement and here are you people all jumping on his crotch...jeez...he's already married.... But I did hear him once say that "a mouths a mouth"...
Old 06-27-2015, 09:36 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Slide
SCOTUS barley makes the announcement and here are you people all jumping on his crotch...jeez...he's already married.... But I did hear him once say that "a mouths a mouth"...

Name:  2JvHaP6.png
Views: 16
Size:  483.9 KB
Old 06-28-2015, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS (really slow)
Name:  xKmj22O.gif
Views: 16
Size:  1,003.3 KB
Old 06-29-2015, 12:18 PM

Car Info: Rice Rocket
sorry nothing but bad experience with GST. blew my friends wife engine, my friends evo engine, and my engine 2x. Last straw was when I scheduled a compression test with another shop low compression on cylinder 4 next day GST did compression test Mike said all was good even printed out a compression results. Flat out lied to my face. I talked to my lawyer he said its very hard to sue someone for rebuilding a engine. its his word vs mine. chalk it up to experience. I will do everything in my power to inform the masses of how shady this shop is.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:13 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Hermanbaggins
sorry nothing but bad experience with GST. blew my friends wife engine, my friends evo engine, and my engine 2x. Last straw was when I scheduled a compression test with another shop low compression on cylinder 4 next day GST did compression test Mike said all was good even printed out a compression results. Flat out lied to my face. I talked to my lawyer he said its very hard to sue someone for rebuilding a engine. its his word vs mine. chalk it up to experience. I will do everything in my power to inform the masses of how shady this shop is.
Gotta love those holiest-than-tho and third-hand account stories...nothing ever gets lost in translation there...so can we please avoid the meaningless/subjective crap talk?

Anyhow, I miss the day of hanging out at the shop and going to Time Attack races with the team...those were good old days. I wish I had more time to make it over there. But I agree with Ray's assessment...I respect the guy's worth ethic and commitment within the tuning industry.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:12 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
First time I met Mike was when his WRX was new and had water leaking into the passenger area. Couldn't have been a year old at that point. I was hanging with Mert, Gino and Tito at Red Star Racing, and he came by with the water issue.

Now that feels like another lifetime ago... So much has changed for Mike in the 14years in between. Success, success, success. All from hardwork, esp on the L.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Did the other shop give you a print out with the compression numbers, or did you just take their word for it?
Old 06-29-2015, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza L
Thanks Ray, I try! Obviously not hard enough based on Herman's response although my account on his personal car differs a little and I have no knowledge of someone's wife's car and certainly any Evo as I and we don't work on or tune them although for a time did have a person tuning Evo's on weekends albeit he worked for himself not the shop directly and to my knowledge the scene locally was pretty pissed off when he got out of the tuning game so had a lot of happy customers out there! I'd be a little stupid to give out a compression print out that wouldn't stand up to someone elses test though and seeing as we save them all (I have two for Herman's car on file although one is a leakdown as well) for covering our own backsides it really makes no sense for us/me to lie about the results lol!

I'll say this Ray, this weekend was a hustle. I slept more last night than I did from Wednesday through to yesterday. Was cool to see the Viper on the podium but would have been cooler to have the GTR and G37 sharing it with it
Old 06-29-2015, 03:56 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I think I am going to call you on this one, you are a flat out liar. Put up or shut up boy, lets see PROOF of this "test" done before Mike checked it. Lets PROOF of your "friends evo" and you"friends wife's engine"

Sounds like a lot of made up bull**** to me. Look Mike is a bit of a dick at times, hell ive gotten pissed at some of his words (and that ****ing psyco mutt of his, damn dog hates me I swear, must be because I am gay) but you know what. The guy is honest and genuine and I will continue to give him my dollars, he earned my respect.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:11 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by Overbear
(and that ****ing psyco mutt of his, damn dog hates me I swear, must be because I am gay)

LOL!!!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS (really slow)
I'm down for IDP & Gruppe-Sex era.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Sounds like a load of rice pudding to me.

Quick Reply: Mike Warfield....