Latest Accessport Firmware Update on OSX (Don't Do It)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Latest Accessport Firmware Update on OSX (Don't Do It)

They've found a time out error and the accessport will get stuck on the do not disconnect screen. If this is the case, you'll need to reset it on a PC based system. Map moving and datalog downloading will remain the same.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:54 AM

On the same note, can anyone bring a PC laptop to Vajayjay tomorrow?
Old 11-16-2015, 12:43 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
.........who uses a mac? I mean really, its 2015.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:00 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Overbear
.........who uses a mac? I mean really, its 2015.
In the Bay Area? Are you kidding me?? Ummm everyone?!?!? Berkley beverage and food establishments won't serve you if you have a PC or older 3+ year old Mac product. While collar Silicone Valley folk consider you a 3rd-world poverty citizen without the latest machine and give you hand outs, so you at least can get a 3 year old one and go up to Berkley.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Originally Posted by Heedz
They've found a time out error and the accessport will get stuck on the do not disconnect screen. If this is the case, you'll need to reset it on a PC based system. Map moving and datalog downloading will remain the same.
Ouch, good to know! Haven't updated since January, guess I'll leave it alone till they implement a fix.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
Ouch, good to know! Haven't updated since January, guess I'll leave it alone till they implement a fix.
Yeah I got a hold of a pc, updated it and loaded the map. All fixed now for me.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
In the Bay Area? Are you kidding me?? Ummm everyone?!?!? Berkley beverage and food establishments won't serve you if you have a PC or older 3+ year old Mac product. While collar Silicone Valley folk consider you a 3rd-world poverty citizen without the latest machine and give you hand outs, so you at least can get a 3 year old one and go up to Berkley.
Yes I am well aware. I work for a major backup software company that supports mac as well as PC. I have to tell you this, of all the tickets and calls I get, by far hands down mac users are some of the ****ing stupidest people on the planet.

No I really mean that too. The calls I get from windows people tend to be major issues (code bugs or WTF is it doing?) where as mac calls for the most part are stupid users doing stupid **** because they lack any basic understanding of how a computer works. When I have to explain to someone what the console is, or even how to find Root...what the ****ing hell!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:26 AM

Yeah I got a hold of a pc, updated it and loaded the map. All fixed now for me.
Hey I have a couple of older Dell D630's laying around. You toss a 128gig SSD in one, and it can run win 7 no problem. You want one its yours they are just sitting here.

Could use it just for your accessport?
Old 11-17-2015, 06:15 AM

Yes I am well aware. I work for a major backup software company that supports mac as well as PC. I have to tell you this, of all the tickets and calls I get, by far hands down mac users are some of the ****ing stupidest people on the planet.

No I really mean that too. The calls I get from windows people tend to be major issues (code bugs or WTF is it doing?) where as mac calls for the most part are stupid users doing stupid **** because they lack any basic understanding of how a computer works. When I have to explain to someone what the console is, or even how to find Root...what the ****ing hell!
Well what do you think happens when the company designs and caters for the lowest common denominator intelligence? "It just works"..."So simple a caveman can do it"...etc etc etc.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:33 AM

Cool

Hey I have a couple of older Dell D630's laying around. You toss a 128gig SSD in one, and it can run win 7 no problem. You want one its yours they are just sitting here.

Could use it just for your accessport?
How much do you want for it
Old 11-17-2015, 08:05 AM

How much do you want for it
it doesn't have a OS, or drive, you will need to pick up a power supply ($40 or so on ebay or amazon) so...its yours. Remind me in a IM and I will try to drop it at Merts for you to pick up.

*edit* its a laptop, dual core, nothing special.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:08 PM

Car Info: 04 STi

Dude, computers are appliances nowadays. If your fridge stops working, not many people are gonna take it apart themselves to diagnose and repair. You call the manufacturer or repairman. Computers are the same way but with more of a learning curve.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by subie OCD
Dude, computers are appliances nowadays. If your fridge stops working, not many people are gonna take it apart themselves to diagnose and repair. You call the manufacturer or repairman. Computers are the same way but with more of a learning curve.
Actually major modern appliances are just as disposable as a $1 BIC razor because of those computers.

The brand new fridge that my landlord finally ponied up for developed an electrical glitch that the repair guy deemed more costly to diagnose and fix (presumably labor more than parts)...so he just ordered us another brand new $3k fridge Same thing happened with my girlfriend's parents' dryer. Dude just ordered a replacement one because it wasn't worth (or even possible) changing out the mother board...in a dryer.

Something something **** ain't built as it once was something something.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 2013 STI Hatch
What's a root?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:44 PM

Car Info: 2011 STI Sedan
Originally Posted by Slide
What's a root?
Bit of the plant that goes in the ground. Something to do with staying upright in wind.

Quick Reply: Latest Accessport Firmware Update on OSX (Don't Do It)