Job thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 01:56 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by ruehl
wow just wow... Also, you were not making money you were just taking it.
Someone here doesn't understand how unemployment insurance works. (hint: its not welfare)
Old 11-20-2014, 04:20 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by JelloChex
If you get a job at Costco right now it would most likely be Seasonal help for the holidays and not a full time, long term position. Though they do pay well and extra cash is a good thing.
Fine by me, I am just sick of not working.

Originally Posted by MrMakesItRain
not trying to hate or be judgemental, just curious.. but how do/did you guys not have jobs and still afford your cars? injury? workmans comp? unemployment?

slide i noticed you own a 2013 sti hatch. just wondering
My car is paid for. Maintenance on it is coming out of my savings however my girlfriend is paying for most of the stuff around the house right now. We moved to Philly together so she could take a job.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:54 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
My firm is always looking for people. It is accounting consulting/resource work. Though some of our HR people need a good lesson in communication and follow up if you ask me
Old 11-20-2014, 07:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Looking for a senior level sys-admin in the Mountain View area. Must have enterprise/datacenter/production experience (ie, not just qa or dev).
Old 11-20-2014, 10:13 AM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Originally Posted by Overbear
I just got a job, started today, after having been out of work since Feb.
Congrats, Bear! Glad to hear it!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by Overbear
Someone here doesn't understand how unemployment insurance works. (hint: its not welfare)
Very aware of how it works. Still a broken system that allows for people to abuse it and live off, even temporary, when they should only get the very minimum. Anyone can easily find a job but many collect unemployment instead since the jobs they can obtain are not the type of jobs they want

Last edited by ruehl; 11-20-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to add "want" at the end
Old 11-20-2014, 11:29 AM

Car Info: White 2000 2.5RS-Turbo

Openings at 034Motorsport in Fremont: https://store.034motorsport.com/career-opportunities

Motorsport manufacturing, global parts distribution, and full service facility for Audi and VW vehicles. I've been here over 8 years, and those of you who have been in the loop for a while around here will know Gary Sheehan who is the Operations manager. Pretty awesome place for automotive enthusiasts of any kind, lots of opportunities to grow.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Anyone know of any medic or fire/medic positions opening up? SF and Fremont are two openings coming up.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:39 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by AWD_Dan

Openings at 034Motorsport in Fremont: https://store.034motorsport.com/career-opportunities

Motorsport manufacturing, global parts distribution, and full service facility for Audi and VW vehicles. I've been here over 8 years, and those of you who have been in the loop for a while around here will know Gary Sheehan who is the Operations manager. Pretty awesome place for automotive enthusiasts of any kind, lots of opportunities to grow.
Tried to get in contact through a few strings Dan, but I never got a response back. I currently work down the street and am looking to expand my career.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:18 PM

Car Info: Eclipse
I was unemployed for 6 months. Best time of my life!

Fortunately it was only 6 months because that's when unemployment runs out.

Try a temp agency. They're helpful.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:57 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I collected funemployment for about 2 months earlier this year. **** sucked. But they never asked me for job application progress.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:57 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by ruehl
Anyone can easily find a job
Bull ****ing ****. I was out of work for 9 ****ing months, and I am a highly skilled IT tech/manager. Perhaps when you are a ****ing burger flipper (I assume that is all you know how to do) its easy, but when you are at my level, and make $40+ a hour, it ain't ease at all to find a job and I got damn lucky to get the one I just did. If it had not been for unemployment I would have lost my house.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:18 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Old 11-20-2014, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
I collected unemployment for a couple months before I left the bay area. The company I was working at went out of business. I don't think of it as just collecting money for nothing BECAUSE I PAID INTO UNEMPLOYMENT! Anyone who says otherwise is an asshat and anyone who says "Anyone can easily find a job" must not know what it is like getting laid off not not being able finding work in your field. We pay into unemployment and there is nothing wrong with collecting it when you need it.

Edit: I also never had to prove I was looking for work but I dammed well did. I even went back to an old job part time and reported the income to unemployment.

Last edited by queeg9k; 11-20-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by overbear
bull ****ing ****. I was out of work for 9 ****ing months, and i am a highly skilled it tech/manager. Perhaps when you are a ****ing burger flipper (i assume that is all you know how to do) its easy, but when you are at my level, and make $40+ a hour, it ain't ease at all to find a job and i got damn lucky to get the one i just did. If it had not been for unemployment i would have lost my house.
Originally Posted by queeg9k
i collected unemployment for a couple months before i left the bay area. The company i was working at went out of business. I don't think of it as just collecting money for nothing because i paid into unemployment! Anyone who says otherwise is an asshat and anyone who says "anyone can easily find a job" must not know what it is like getting laid off not not being able finding work in your field. We pay into unemployment and there is nothing wrong with collecting it when you need it.

Edit: I also never had to prove i was looking for work but i dammed well did. I even went back to an old job part time and reported the income to unemployment.
agreed on all points - QFT.

Quick Reply: Job thread