I'm sorry you are insecure...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Oh and I forgot, the reason he wanted out of the carpool lane sooner than the merge, he wasn't carpooling. Damn F'ing cheaters.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX WRB Wagon
Had some kid in a celica rev at me. I stared him straight in the eyes and picked my nose.

Worked brilliantly.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:32 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
*chuckles* think as you need to if it helps you sleep at night and not be afraid of your own shadow...coward.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru Forester XT Sport
Originally Posted by ViperThreat
Had some kid in a celica rev at me. I stared him straight in the eyes and picked my nose.

Worked brilliantly.
I moderate another forum and we have a 'like' feature. I wish this feature was available here, so I can like the s**t out of this post. :lmao:
Old 04-23-2014, 02:39 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi

Worked brilliantly.
Did you eat it after?

LOL but that is win dude.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan

Worked brilliantly.
Awesome!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by Queen Jade
Thats a good idea. I should slam the Cressida, throw some poked and stretched wheels on it and some stickers.

Oh wait...did that and he still laughed. I suck.
I'll bring my AE86 and we can cruise that area, and point and laugh at all the other people. They need to learn to fear my 120bhp!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by vodka
I'll bring my AE86 and we can cruise that area, and point and laugh at all the other people. They need to learn to fear my 120bhp!
Yay! Toyotas unite!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:01 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Queen Jade
Thats a good idea. I should slam the Cressida, throw some poked and stretched wheels on it and some stickers.

Oh wait...did that and he still laughed. I suck.
So it is pokified and they still threw smack? Eff them. They can suck it. Kids opinions are irrelevant anyway
Old 04-23-2014, 04:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Overbear
Not really, happens to me more often than I like to admit.

The solution, I usually flip them off, and if they keep it up, throw something (trash, D cell battery, whatever) into their window, that usually makes them lock up the brakes to get away from "the crazy ******* out to kill them!"

I am normally a calm guy, but someone goes road rage on me, its on!
If you react to and/or participate in road rage, let alone attack people with projectiles on the roadway, you most certainly are not normally a calm guy. The things you have talked about doing on here are not things that any rational person would do, in any circumstance, ever. I don't think this can be argued.

It sounds more like you are an unstable, irrational person who normally exhibits a calm demeanor, but gets switched on when you get to participate in some road rage or feel like you have just intimidated a stranger.

"Takes one to know one" and at my age, if I had not done real, honest work to calm down a little, I probably would have caused some pretty serious problems out there, to myself and others. It really sucks when someone does something stupid out there, and it took me a LONG time to learn that there is flatly nothing you can do to "teach them a lesson" - you can only engage, or not. That being said, if someone threw something at me on the roadway, and my wife/kids were not in the car, I fear that I would do my best to ensure that they would have a crash.

Most people don't even understand that they have done anything wrong, and simply see you as an un-provoked aggressor in these circumstances. I am not saying that what they did is okay or right, but it is a fact of life that is not likely to change soon. Getting mad at something like that is like waking up and being mad that the sky is still blue.

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
its 50/50 for me. Seems like the young ones actually want to race me or do lane swerving type drivings.

The older guys are the worst though. nothing tops this 55+ dude in his C6 corvette. He was next to me at a light, cars in front of us. Made the left turn and both lanes turn. Perfectly normal stuff.

we stop again and he's a little big behind and i can hear "**** you!". I turn to look and he's looking at me and yelling and stuff. I'm like "what I do?!". He goes off on a rant "**** you, and you little import." and some other things i couldn't hear.
Same here, agreed. Young folks seem to do the "hero-pass flybys" while older white males, usually, seem to want to try to follow you doing stupid stuff for a while. Coming home last night, a man nearly merged into me, but I did not let him - minor inconvenience as we were at speed and he just tucked in behind me. He followed me for about 5 miles flashing his lights, honking, flipping me off. I exited and he lit up again, honking, flashing lights, etc. Older white dude. This sort of thing happens here and there, and it's usually an older white male. Older white females on the other hand are the ones that take both hands off the wheel to flip you off while closing their eyes and screaming at you.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
So it is pokified and they still threw smack? Eff them. They can suck it. Kids opinions are irrelevant anyway
Truthfully I wasn't actually upset because you can't take someone with a combat wing too seriously. They take themselves serious enough as it is. Because combat wings are serious business, you know. But it was the first time I had been pointed and laughed at in that car. People either love it or don't get it.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:10 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Same here, agreed. Young folks seem to do the "hero-pass flybys" while older white males, usually, seem to want to try to follow you doing stupid stuff for a while. Coming home last night, a man nearly merged into me, but I did not let him - minor inconvenience as we were at speed and he just tucked in behind me. He followed me for about 5 miles flashing his lights, honking, flipping me off. I exited and he lit up again, honking, flashing lights, etc. Older white dude. This sort of thing happens here and there, and it's usually an older white male. Older white females on the other hand are the ones that take both hands off the wheel to flip you off while closing their eyes and screaming at you.
This is what the bay area has turned into and why I bought my home elsewhere. Born and raised here in SJ and I absolutely hate the people here now. It MAKES me a more aggressive driver (and I AM aggressive, but not in a BMW douche way). I can FEEL it just coming back to the bay area after being at the house a few days, and I don't like that at all.

When someone follows me like that I will slow down, see who they are and if they seem like the typical moron, I snap a picture. That is almost always the end of it, anything further and I'll call 911 and report them. That's what the cops are for and if they do it to YOU, they will do it to everyone. If they look thugged, then no, not after that guy got shot for taking video of those sideshow guys, but that's another story.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:26 PM

It might be more common among men, but as a woman I rarely have those encounters of people with severe road rage or even those who rev at me, launch on me from light to light...things of the general douchey nature. I did get more unwanted attention in my previous car (03 SVT Focus w/supercharger) but once they realized it wasn't a guy driving, they didn't care. I think in about 6 years of ownership of that car, I laid smack twice. Once to a turbo miata, another time verbally to a jerk off in an SRT4 who damn near hit me twice with my infant daughter in the back seat, just to egg me on to race him.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:28 PM

Just had this hot chick roll down her window but then take off after I freaked out. Traffic was dead stopped up ahead so I slowed early and she just got a foot behind my bumper like shes going to run me over finally after pointing ahead she realizes and stops but at that point we are reaching the traffic.

Made a punching motion into my fist during this time and started to open the door like do you want me to beat your goddamn face in (at this point I just knew it was some enviro dikhead in a prius not gender). Anyways I tried to yell at her when she rolled down the window but I was too angry to make sensible words Im not sure what I said. I was in the right but I felt like a dick when it ended up being a hot chick, gdamnit.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:49 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by Overbear
*chuckles* think as you need to if it helps you sleep at night and not be afraid of your own shadow...coward.
Hero Overbear saving the world from bad drivers.

23110. (a) Any person who throws any substance at a vehicle or any occupant thereof on a highway is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Quick Reply: I'm sorry you are insecure...