I'm sorry you are insecure...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 12:27 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Why did he roll the window up and then have the tantrum? That's peculiar.
Not really, happens to me more often than I like to admit.

The solution, I usually flip them off, and if they keep it up, throw something (trash, D cell battery, whatever) into their window, that usually makes them lock up the brakes to get away from "the crazy ******* out to kill them!"

I am normally a calm guy, but someone goes road rage on me, its on!
Old 04-23-2014, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex

Yep.
Smh.. people.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:16 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Why did he roll the window up and then have the tantrum? That's peculiar.
Because I called him out for doing what he just got pissed off about. He wouldn't look over at me anymore. Guessing whatever bug was up his butt had happened before he got in his boat and got on the road. I just rolled my eyes and drove off.

Last edited by 04GG; 04-23-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
I'd hate to come off as ageist, but this always sounds like the actions of a 25 and younger person. Personal inadequacy tends to wear off or get excepted after that.

Last edited by newyorkreload; 04-23-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:28 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by Overbear
Not really, happens to me more often than I like to admit.

The solution, I usually flip them off, and if they keep it up, throw something (trash, D cell battery, whatever) into their window, that usually makes them lock up the brakes to get away from "the crazy ******* out to kill them!"

I am normally a calm guy, but someone goes road rage on me, its on!
Old 04-23-2014, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru Forester XT Sport
I was driving home yesterday in the Cressida and had a couple kids in a MKIII beat to hell Supra with a combat wing on it point and laugh at my car. Since I've been driving the Cressida for the last few weeks, everyone and their mom drives around it like its some sort of road block. As if doing 45+ everywhere I go isn't fast enough, because its old and looks slow. It is slow for being a 2.8 inline 6, but its a 5 speed and moves ok....but I've got everyone marked when I get my Forester back. Revenge is at hand.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:43 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by Queen Jade
I was driving home yesterday in the Cressida and had a couple kids in a MKIII beat to hell Supra with a combat wing on it point and laugh at my car. Since I've been driving the Cressida for the last few weeks, everyone and their mom drives around it like its some sort of road block. As if doing 45+ everywhere I go isn't fast enough, because its old and looks slow. It is slow for being a 2.8 inline 6, but its a 5 speed and moves ok....but I've got everyone marked when I get my Forester back. Revenge is at hand.
Slam it? Just slap some stickers on it and people will give you thumbs up instead of pointing LOL.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by newyorkreload
I'd hate to come off as ageist, but this always sounds like the actions of a 25 and younger person. Personal inadequacy tends to wear off or get excepted after that.

Yesterday it was a brand new Dodge Challenger R/T. White, super clean. Middle Aged white guy.

Just brake stand floored it from the light, looking at me the whole way and he passed by.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
He just wanted to show off his prize after the settlement from his wife leaving him.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Driving a '12 Impreza, I had a dude in a 3500 dually Dodge Ram try to run me off the road. The Washington Blvd/N. 680 on ramp lane. I'm in the right lane and we're stopped, he comes down the carpool lane on the left, then before we reach the area of the 2 lanes merging, he turns down into me. He is quite literally right beside me, I'm staring at his driver door, but his front tire is in front of my front bumper. Even if I didn't move and let him continue forward, he's rear tires would have hit me. So I move down onto the shoulder and continue driving forward with him right beside me? He then rolls his window down and yells. I look over and see his middle finger. I rolled the window down, what's your problem? "You aren't letting me merge!!!" I pointed out to him, mildly calm, that the merge is another 50+ feet away. Since I didn't meet his anger with anger, he quickly realized he was being a dick and let me get back in front of him.

Funny thing is, being a commuter I usually get off at the top of the Sunol and take the bypass road and get back on down at the bottom of the hill. He stayed on (was quite a few cars ahead) and I get off. When I get back on, I'm gonna merge right in front of him. I could tell he was pissed and merged over a lane as fast as he could. I was just laughing in the car.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:47 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by newyorkreload
He just wanted to show off his prize after the settlement from his wife leaving him.
That's all he has LOL.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:48 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Driving a '12 Impreza, I had a dude in a 3500 dually Dodge Ram try to run me off the road. The Washington Blvd/N. 680 on ramp lane. I'm in the right lane and we're stopped, he comes down the carpool lane on the left, then before we reach the area of the 2 lanes merging, he turns down into me. He is quite literally right beside me, I'm staring at his driver door, but his front tire is in front of my front bumper. Even if I didn't move and let him continue forward, he's rear tires would have hit me. So I move down onto the shoulder and continue driving forward with him right beside me? He then rolls his window down and yells. I look over and see his middle finger. I rolled the window down, what's your problem? "You aren't letting me merge!!!" I pointed out to him, mildly calm, that the merge is another 50+ feet away. Since I didn't meet his anger with anger, he quickly realized he was being a dick and let me get back in front of him.

Funny thing is, being a commuter I usually get off at the top of the Sunol and take the bypass road and get back on down at the bottom of the hill. He stayed on (was quite a few cars ahead) and I get off. When I get back on, I'm gonna merge right in front of him. I could tell he was pissed and merged over a lane as fast as he could. I was just laughing in the car.
Classic. Damn I hate the grade.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
its 50/50 for me. Seems like the young ones actually want to race me or do lane swerving type drivings.

The older guys are the worst though. nothing tops this 55+ dude in his C6 corvette. He was next to me at a light, cars in front of us. Made the left turn and both lanes turn. Perfectly normal stuff.

we stop again and he's a little big behind and i can hear "**** you!". I turn to look and he's looking at me and yelling and stuff. I'm like "what I do?!". He goes off on a rant "**** you, and you little import." and some other things i couldn't hear.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru Forester XT Sport
Originally Posted by 04GG
Slam it? Just slap some stickers on it and people will give you thumbs up instead of pointing LOL.
Thats a good idea. I should slam the Cressida, throw some poked and stretched wheels on it and some stickers.

Oh wait...did that and he still laughed. I suck.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:59 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

its 50/50 for me. Seems like the young ones actually want to race me or do lane swerving type drivings.

The older guys are the worst though. nothing tops this 55+ dude in his C6 corvette. He was next to me at a light, cars in front of us. Made the left turn and both lanes turn. Perfectly normal stuff.

we stop again and he's a little big behind and i can hear "**** you!". I turn to look and he's looking at me and yelling and stuff. I'm like "what I do?!". He goes off on a rant "**** you, and you little import." and some other things i couldn't hear.
/ignore

Funny thing is, my house is WAY outside the bay area and AS SOON as you are basically out of the area (505 from Vacaville for me) drivers are not morons. The majority are polite, drive reasonably and don't think they OWN the road. The ones that DO you can instantly tell are not from there...by the way they drive.

Quick Reply: I'm sorry you are insecure...