How many of you left subarus completely?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 07:43 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by LOLFUNCTION
TrenSoft.
You and trensoft share quite a lot in common, perhaps brothers?
Old 11-10-2015, 08:19 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear
Nope still don't get it, got 5, should be up to 7 in the next year or so.
Seems a little bit narrow minded here. Not everyone wants to be as cool as you.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by justint5387
Seems a little bit narrow minded here. Not everyone wants to be as cool as you.
Nothing to do with cool, each car has a reason to exist. Rock crawler, tow rig, expedition rig, Daily driver, autocross/fun car. Soon to add a forester to take the dogs places/go get groceries, and I really want to build a rally forester so one to lift and have fun with offroad.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:17 AM

Car Info: No more Subaru
Nothing to do with cool, each car has a reason to exist. Rock crawler, tow rig, expedition rig, Daily driver, autocross/fun car. Soon to add a forester to take the dogs places/go get groceries, and I really want to build a rally forester so one to lift and have fun with offroad.
plus the forester has enough room for all of your butt plugs

Last edited by LOLFUNCTION; 11-10-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:44 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Crackers, I am late to the party

I left Subaru vehicles for a 2012 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner as my utility/daily driver and 1992 Dodge Stealth R/T TT (Mitsu VR4 close) as the weekend/project car.

IMHO All Subaru models after 2006 came down with the Toyota syndrome at an exponentially increasing rate...aka blander boring and generic in order to appeal to an ever wider audience. Though this can probably be said about 97.65% of cars current on the market. Nothing wrong with producing those types of vehicles as plenty of people cannot distinguish torque wrench from torque ratio...but did Subaru need to **** and **** all over the loyal enthusiasts that made the car brand what it was?

That said, to each their own. Every vehicle has their pros and cons. Every individual has their own needs and wants. I don't have any basis to judge what works for others.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Also, I don't think Subaru community is what it used to be...to say politely. Most new owners' knowledge of rally starts and stops with Ken Block. Most of them are also scurred of take their cars in the rain cause HellaRuined. Last but not least, older WRXs have become Civic 2.0 200x over.

And apparently Jalopnik agrees as Subaru owners topped their list of cars completely ruined by their owners

Ten Cars That Always Get Ruined By Their Owners

So many “kids” buying the WRX in my area and spending thousands to put them on air, lowered ridiculously to the ground, and with ridiculous wheels. Probably thanks to the WRX, and to a lesser extent the STi, being reasonably affordable for the older, higher mileage, models now.

The Subaru community is great, but like all car communities you’re constantly facepalming yourself. I see people buying new 2015 STIs and financing them for $400-$600 monthly payments. Financial advising aside, they will then immediately take that 34k+ car out of warranty and spend a grand or more going “stage 2”. What happens if the car explodes due to the EJ being finicky? The answers are always the same. “That won’t happen because I know the best tuners and shop owners” or “I’ll just revert to stock” (making it harder for normal people to get warrantied because Subaru of America is always looking for reverted cars) or “nah they cant do that, a flash tune and goodies making it 400+ at the crank wouldn’t affect the engine, Magnuson-moss man...”

Kids showing how fast their “stage 2” cars are by flooring it in public parking garages leaving or entering meets, or how loud their car is, or how their lights can flash. Please don’t floor it in tight public spaces.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:17 PM

Car Info: DGM STI
stance/#becausebags makes me want to kick someone in their teeth.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:38 PM

Car Info: No more Subaru
Originally Posted by El Wray
Well, you're an American and you have a right to be wrong

Just so you know this is what you sound like

Old 11-10-2015, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by El Wray
LOL just like stance owners want to kick someone in the teeth every time they see a wheel gap.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:31 PM

Car Info: Eclipse
Well... Just sold mine. Looking to get a 2016 taco trdeez nutz
Old 11-11-2015, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by PaulWalker
Well... Just sold mine. Looking to get a 2016 taco trdeez nutz
Even with the known frame problems you are going to get a new Toy truck?
Old 11-11-2015, 07:28 AM

Even with the known frame problems you are going to get a new Toy truck?
You are right. Subaru does not have any known major flaws and unlike Toyota stands behind those issue by issuing recalls and (for example) giving people new EJs due to crappy ECU, piston and ring-land design. All the while Tacoma frames rust as the company refuses to lift a finger to acknowledge or fix the problem. Oh...Wait...

/Sarcasm

EDIT: AFAK the frame rust issue effected older (pre-2012?) models. Newer models do not have the same issues (at least that's what I was told about my 2012). And please don't give examples from states that salt roads more frequently than catholic priests molest alter boys. Or better yet, owners being fat and lazy to wash their undercarriage regardless of the amount of salt used.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 11-11-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:05 AM

Car Info: Eclipse
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
You are right. Subaru does not have any known major flaws and unlike Toyota stands behind those issue by issuing recalls and (for example) giving people new EJs due to crappy ECU, piston and ring-land design. All the while Tacoma frames rust as the company refuses to lift a finger to acknowledge or fix the problem. Oh...Wait...

/Sarcasm

EDIT: AFAK the frame rust issue effected older (pre-2012?) models. Newer models do not have the same issues (at least that's what I was told about my 2012). And please don't give examples from states that salt roads more frequently than catholic priests molest alter boys. Or better yet, owners being fat and lazy to wash their undercarriage regardless of the amount of salt used.
Yeah, i just read up on this. Looks like it was an older model issue, and possibly due to their supplier.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr

/Sarcasm

Originally Posted by PaulWalker
Yeah, i just read up on this. Looks like it was an older model issue, and possibly due to their supplier.
Check up on that, the "newer" frames are having issues to Reports are starting to come in that they taco (bend) at the point behind the cab under even a light impact. This does not bode well at all.

Now, I love my toyotas, I have 2, ive owned 4 of their trucks so far. However the frames are **** after 1994 or so. Its why I will only buy 83-90 body 4runner/trucks
Old 11-11-2015, 11:38 AM

Check up on that, the "newer" frames are having issues to Reports are starting to come in that they taco (bend) at the point behind the cab under even a light impact. This does not bode well at all.

Now, I love my toyotas, I have 2, ive owned 4 of their trucks so far. However the frames are **** after 1994 or so. Its why I will only buy 83-90 body 4runner/trucks
What type of "reports" are we talking about? Is this information from the manufacturer or reliable 3rd party...or the completely unbiased and unaltered recounting from owners themselves of this "light" usage. You know, kinda like claims by Subaru owners of stock 5-speeds and short blocks being glass and unable to withstand the "lightest" of 400whp 5,000RPM clutch dump loads?

I get it, everyone has their (strong) biases on some topics. But how about we consider everything before breaking out the pitchforks and torches?

EDIT: And I am surprised you even went into the 90s. Most Toyota fanboiz that I know stop at whatever year (87-88?) the stopped making the solid front axle.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 11-11-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: How many of you left subarus completely?