Had a gun pointed at my face yesterday....ready to be done with "The South"

Old 10-22-2014, 05:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by 04GG
Regardless of CCW, if you break check and are then involved in an incident, you have now contributed to that incident. Your CCW no longer covers your actions if you acted in a manner that contributed to that incident. I agree that there are a lot of morons out there who are overly aggressive drivers, but they're also typically easy to spot and avoid 99% of the time.
Well said.

Originally Posted by EpsilonK
I totally get where you are coming from and I can understand that perspective. My military background makes me notice and file everything away I guess.

And I know that you didn't say this, but to reiterate...No brake checking occurred.
I understood what you meant - you can press the pedal with enough pressure to light up the lights, but light enough to not engage the brakes. In my experience, hitting the hazard/flashers is perceived as a much less "offensive" option, but who knows in this case or any other. I have had people get all mad and pass me on the shoulder at times when using brake lights versus hazards, even here in sunny sweet CA. That's really exciting because I guess you are supposed to let them back in. For me, that records the license plate at that stage, so hey.

Next week front/back will be recorded. Some fellow brake-checked my wife twice, then followed her into a parking lot and started shouting at her for getting in his way when she parked and was getting kids out of the car. She said it was heavy traffic and may have made a mistake or something but did not remember getting in anyone's way specifically.

Nice looking cars BTW!

Originally Posted by Snoopy408
This pretty much sums it up. People in cars are beyond stupid. Let me kill you beacause you slowed me down/ got in my way for 2 seconds.
Awesome.

Originally Posted by 04GG
CK is so damn funny. Truth.
Yeah it's like he says everything that no one can admit to. His stuff about kids makes me laugh harder than I have laughed in a while.

Last edited by wombatsauce; 10-22-2014 at 05:44 PM.