Freakin CHP got me again...SOB

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:35 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Overbear
Idea...don't break the law and you won't get pulled over?
Wait...I thought in your humble point of view, all cops were no good corrupt dirty militarized pigs that abuse their badge and powers? Isn't this such a case? He should have just let him go, it is not like he was Kenny from the Block videos or anything.

Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
seriously lol if cars can travel 95 why the hell can't big rigs go maybe 65? id love to hear his logical explanation for this one
Like others said, typical truck-trailer weights 80,000 lbs. Getting that mass up to 55mph is hard and scary enough...doubling that is
Old 12-10-2014, 06:52 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Wait...I thought in your humble point of view, all cops were no good corrupt dirty militarized pigs that abuse their badge and powers? Isn't this such a case? He should have just let him go, it is not like he was Kenny from the Block videos or anything.
they are, and the fact he got pulled over for such a tiny, minor thing is proof of the fact they are corrupt and lazy, and would rather pick at the low hanging fruit, and avoid doing the harder parts of their job.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:46 AM

Car Info: 04 STi AW
they are, and the fact he got pulled over for such a tiny, minor thing is proof of the fact they are corrupt and lazy, and would rather pick at the low hanging fruit, and avoid doing the harder parts of their job.
Going +20mph over the speed limit May be a tiny thing to us but it's really not. I mean I go 80mph on the freeway but technically it's breaking the law still just cops are so use to people going 15-20 over that they don't pull you over as much. Unless he's seeing you do lane changes like a mad man or a modified car.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:50 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Wrx STi
[QUOTE="BrendanTheGreat;3573750"]

Range? That was at least a quarter mile...in traffic, in between cars, down an incline....looks like a load of crap to me.

Those laser guns go 1000 to 4000ft which is almost half a mile. They aim it at your license plate so I don't know how you would fight that. Laser technology is pretty accurate compared t
o the sloppy radar of the past.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:51 AM

Car Info: 00 RS
If I were the officer saw a van and a WRB WRX speeding, guess which one I would stop to give a ticket? I get a speeding ticket every 2 years, attended many weekends traffic classes. Last 3 years, no tickets since I drive 70-75 MPH now. 80 and above is the number office will pull you over.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:54 AM

Car Info: 2013 STI Hatch
Sorry for the thicket! What brand of camera do you have? Very clear picture
Old 12-10-2014, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
From what I see on the roads in other parts of the country, there isn't a separate speed for trucks on the road as they are here. Whenever I go to Wisconsin to visit inlaws, I'm always amazed at the big rigs there going well over 65. I was behind one, drafting him at 75 in freezing temperatures. 2 days later it snowed and they were still driving 70-80 miles an hour.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by xtremeyolks
Better 81 than the 90 indicated on your hud lol....
At the moment he mentioned, coming down the overpass, you were going the fastest and you can't submit this video. You are passing at over the limit already, and the HUD shows you going even faster.

It doesn't matter that the van was going faster before and after. For the time period he was locked on you, you were going faster.

You gotta slow down dude.

On that note, we can fight it if you want, but motorcycle cops are traffic only and they almost always contest against you and almost always show up in court.

My advice: Setup a date in court, go and ask the judge for a fine reduction and traffic school. Hopefully you get both with a guilty plea.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
At the moment he mentioned, coming down the overpass, you were going the fastest and you can't submit this video. You are passing at over the limit already, and the HUD shows you going even faster.

It doesn't matter that the van was going faster before and after. For the time period he was locked on you, you were going faster.

You gotta slow down dude.

On that note, we can fight it if you want, but motorcycle cops are traffic only and they almost always contest against you and almost always show up in court.

My advice: Setup a date in court, go and ask the judge for a fine reduction and traffic school. Hopefully you get both with a guilty plea.
/\ THIS and buy a quality radar detector. first ticket it saves you it pays for its self.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:47 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Lol yea never have anything like a HUD that shows your vehicle speed....... especially when you are recording.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 2012 Impreza WRX
Word of warning.. Just because you have a radar detector and can pick up Ka (most commonly used) K (smaller towns) and X (rarely used) bands from miles away WILL NOT mean that you will always be ahead of the game.

Keep in mind that the CHP uses Laser almost exclusively for their highway traffic enforcement because it is extremely accurate, offers no warning and is easier to check speed with than radar.

Vehicle mounted radar units can only measure speed in certain directions in relation to the patrol vehicle, and when you're dealing with highway traffic, its impossible to know which vehicle it is actually measuring. It also (with the exception of POP systems) sends signals out at a wide arc constantly which trip even the cheapest Walmart radar detectors off before approaching the officers vehicle and at best for some expensive units from miles and miles away.

Laser is a *****. (and also my former favorite) By the time the laser shoots and the detector senses it's presence and goes off, I already have your speed. Period. Forget all the "laser shielding" paint, looking for the patrol car down the road and slowing down because it's too late. The ONLY thing that will screw a Laser up is an in grill laser modulation device that senses it and scrambles the beam so it doesn't return to the gun.

If you have one of those systems in your vehicle and my laser reads error while I'm shooting you a couple times and you don't bother to turn it off when you see me, I'm pulling your *** over because I know the **** you're trying to pull and will make you step out of the car and look at the grill with me while I point it out to you. Those systems are not illegal in every state but I know they are in California and where I used to be a State Trooper at before I joined the military and got stuck here.

Tl;dr : If you know the average accepted speed in the area with the police.. Keep your eyes peeled while going over it especially in areas that would make good traps. We will be there waiting. Also, Troopers are creatures of habit.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:30 PM

Car Info: BMW's
Originally Posted by DatAWSTi
The tractor (big rig alone without trailer weighs) 18k-20k itself. Imagine a car averaging at 4k let's say for a fully filled 4 door sedan hits another car at 75mph and a tractor hits another car at 55mph. Which does more damage? That's the answer to your question.
Big rigs stop better with a trailer... lol
Old 12-10-2014, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by tigermack
Big rigs stop better with a trailer... lol
where in the hell did you learn physics? Whatever school you went to, you need a refund.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:49 PM

Car Info: BMW's
where in the hell did you learn physics? Whatever school you went to, you need a refund.
Do you drive one? If not, plz stfu.

Here you go, per DMV handbook, and experience.
Attached Thumbnails Freakin CHP got me again...SOB-lol.jpg  
Old 12-10-2014, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by tigermack
Do you drive one? If not, plz stfu.

Here you go, per DMV handbook, and experience.

Reading fail, physics fail...did you even go to school?

Look son, a fully loaded rig with a trailer is not going to stop faster than just a rig without a trailer. Next thing you are going to say is one can stop on a dime faster than a car.

Quick Reply: Freakin CHP got me again...SOB