Freakin CHP got me again...SOB

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Wrx STi
Looks like he tagged you before the van ever passed you. Liedar guns have range. What's with the front license plate check? The last cop that pulled me over did that also
Old 12-09-2014, 07:00 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by Overbear
Idea...don't break the law and you won't get pulled over?
I know you're opinionated, but please, when I drive home on the 680 I see 50 cars pass me going on the straightaway in Pleasanton. This "don't break a nail" break the law kinda thing isn't the same as Eric Garner resisting arrest or Michael Brown assaulting an officer. Speed to just pass and then slow back down, busted for what? 2 seconds of speeding? Endangered lives there for sure... As a matter of fact, if you own a WRX, don't go over 65mph or follow the 25mph/35mph/5mph in the correct zones.

One word: Douche.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-09-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:04 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by iLoqin
I know you're opinionated, but please, when I drive home on the 680 I see 50 cars pass me going on the straightaway in Pleasanton. This "don't break a nail" break the law kinda thing isn't the same as Eric Garner resisting arrest or Michael Brown assaulting an officer. Speed to just pass and then slow back down, busted for what? 2 seconds of speeding? Endangered lives there for sure...
OH, I am no saint, I speed too, we all do once in a while. The thing is, if you get pulled over, it is the price you pay for doing it. Now that said, I do think "speeding" is a BS thing in the first place, 65 is not nearly fast enough for standard travel in the modern world and I do think the highways in the US should be marked "95" in the left lane, "85" in the middle lane and "75" in the lane next to it, and so on into the inner lane, where big rigs MUST stay, 55.

however yea, that is a pipe dream that will never come true
Old 12-09-2014, 07:06 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I will say that I switched to a car brand that isn't so sporty or double looked at and run 70-75mph and haven't been looked at since, CHP pass me all the time.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:36 PM

Car Info: 2013 ISM WRX GR
OH, I am no saint, I speed too, we all do once in a while. The thing is, if you get pulled over, it is the price you pay for doing it. Now that said, I do think "speeding" is a BS thing in the first place, 65 is not nearly fast enough for standard travel in the modern world and I do think the highways in the US should be marked "95" in the left lane, "85" in the middle lane and "75" in the lane next to it, and so on into the inner lane, where big rigs MUST stay, 55. however yea, that is a pipe dream that will never come true
95 in the left lane? Like that will ever happen. That's way to fast. I believe driving over 80 is fast enough but 95? Lol.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 93 Impreza LS, 05 WRX Wagon, 98 Impreza Wagon
Smile

Originally Posted by LoanPro
I don't think he saw me passing form the right.. all he said was be as it may that everyone were speeding, he can't catch all of them and went for the most noticeable car with the bike rack...
In looking at the video, I believe he used his Lidar to tag your bike rack after you crested the small incline (thus his comment of looking for the most noticeable car). At that point he had a line of sight to your rack and the white van had not yet come over the incline at the faster speed. Once he tagged you he ignored the van.

It's a common speed trap scenario of which I too have unfortunately been caught on. In my case I too was talking to my kids and wasn't paying attention to possible speed trap areas (over passes, crests/downhill). Maybe time for a V1 to go along with the cool HUD?
Old 12-09-2014, 08:55 PM

Car Info: BMW's
so on into the inner lane, where big rigs MUST stay, 55.
Why's that?
Old 12-09-2014, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by BreadSauce
Looks like he tagged you before the van ever passed you. Liedar guns have range. What's with the front license plate check? The last cop that pulled me over did that also
Range? That was at least a quarter mile...in traffic, in between cars, down an incline....looks like a load of crap to me.

I have a lawyer friend who fights tickets for $100...hes gotten my friends off tickets and my silly mother off TWO tickets LOL. PM if you want his info.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx
I know they should change the speed limit to 70mph...everybody in the freeway is at least driving 75 and above and you get a couple of the "UHH I SHOULDN'T BE DRIVING IN THE FREEWAY" doing 55 in the fast lane or the middle lane.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:11 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon PSM
He had to have gotten that van like you said. When you were starting to slow down, right as you hit 81, you can't even see the cop in the distance because the cars in front of you were between you and the officer. When that van passed you, it looks like you could barely see him in the video and that van clearly sped past you then slowed down after he was a couple cars in front of you (and more than likely saw the officer). By the time you can see the cop in the video from a long distance, you were pretty close to the speed limit (not 81 like he claims he got you). Also, why did he pull you over so late? Seems like you drove half a mile (maybe more?) before he lit you up. And ya random plate check?
Old 12-09-2014, 10:25 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by tigermack
Why's that?
seriously lol if cars can travel 95 why the hell can't big rigs go maybe 65? id love to hear his logical explanation for this one
Old 12-09-2014, 10:33 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Because big rigs have a lot more mass than a typical sedan.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:29 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX sedan
Just do a trial by written declaration. I got a bunch of silly speeding tickets awhile back and beat them all.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
yeah theres a cop right there by that Clawiter on/off ramp prob half the times Ive gone through there =/
Old 12-10-2014, 12:09 AM

Car Info: 04 STi AW
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
seriously lol if cars can travel 95 why the hell can't big rigs go maybe 65? id love to hear his logical explanation for this one
The tractor (big rig alone without trailer weighs) 18k-20k itself. Imagine a car averaging at 4k let's say for a fully filled 4 door sedan hits another car at 75mph and a tractor hits another car at 55mph. Which does more damage? That's the answer to your question.

Quick Reply: Freakin CHP got me again...SOB