8.13%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Fight of Epic Proportions: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by sigma pi
OK YOU GUYS ARE ONTO SOMETHING!!! going to watch WWE instead of boxing....... like always haha

Old 05-04-2015, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Name:  k2dNqzv.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  52.3 KB
Old 05-04-2015, 12:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Floyd looked pretty concerned first two rounds or so. Wasn't himself. But he was just trying to figure out who he was fighting, he wasn't taking chances. You could see as the fight went on he got more and more comfortable. He knew Manny wasn't going to be able to overcome the reach deficit.

I don't think speed for most of the fight was an issue, but the last 4 rounds yeah, Manny wasn't as crisp at all.

I think the shoulder thing is stupid. I'd have postponed the fight. If it's true, well, they gave us an inferior fight then.
He handled the fight for most of the fight. His goal was to not loose and not loose is what he did. His game plan is the same it's been since he lost in the olympics.... run... don't get hit... frustrate the other fighter... make other fighter run around and get tired... punch the air and his gloves a bunch so he doesn't feel comfortable coming in... when tired... bunch dude enough times to be able to talk **** afterwords. Win.

He does that better than anyone in the history of boxing. He understands the game and how to win it.

Reminds me of Clay Guida. Boring as hell. Only difference is Floyd's never been caught.

To me that is not boxing. It's not honorable. I don't like watching it. I'm not a fan of his. Never will be. Never will consider him among the greats regardless of his record. Some folks have him in the top 10. That's maybe as high as I would ever put him... 10.

I honestly will likely never watch another boxing match again.

I got through the steroid era in baseball. The loss of Jordan in basketball. I'm trying to get through the UFC pretending it's boxing. I got through Tyson biting fools ears off... but I don't think I can get past that fight.

The dude didn't win the fight for himself. He just didn't loose it. He knew every round started out 10/9 in his favor and the only way Pack would win was to come out and win the round. Can't win the round when the dude runs away the whole time.

Seriously... he won 1 maybe 2 rounds for himself. Manny actually went out and won 3 rounds. The rest of the fight was Money running around.

So I give the fight to Manny 3 round to 2. Screw the other 7 rounds.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
As a long time boxer & fan of the sport the fight went as alot of people who really watch boxing expected. There's a reason why the odd makers had Mayweather a 2 to 1 fav while the fans had Pacman the fav. Pac is easily one of the most likable guys in boxing. I got to meet him back when he was a featherweight when I was working on a boxing game a long time ago, awesome guy.

I gotta give it to Mayweather though, he took one of the most aggressive offensive minded fighters and made him look like a completely different guy in there. Alot more strategy and mind games in there then most fight fans see. They call it the sweet science for a reason. I just wish Roach would of came up with a better game plan for him. He is a great trainer, but never seems to know how to draw up a good plan for a good defensive counterpuncher. Even with 4 fights against Marquez, they couldn't really figure him out.

If Canelo wins this weekend I can see them setting up a Canelo/Pacquiao matchup that could be interesting for fight fans and have some draw.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:11 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
He handled the fight for most of the fight. His goal was to not loose and not loose is what he did.
Yup and nobody watching won.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ddavis
As a long time boxer & fan of the sport the fight went as alot of people who really watch boxing expected. There's a reason why the odd makers had Mayweather a 2 to 1 fav while the fans had Pacman the fav. Pac is easily one of the most likable guys in boxing. I got to meet him back when he was a featherweight when I was working on a boxing game a long time ago, awesome guy.

I gotta give it to Mayweather though, he took one of the most aggressive offensive minded fighters and made him look like a completely different guy in there. Alot more strategy and mind games in there then most fight fans see. They call it the sweet science for a reason. I just wish Roach would of came up with a better game plan for him. He is a great trainer, but never seems to know how to draw up a good plan for a good defensive counterpuncher. Even with 4 fights against Marquez, they couldn't really figure him out.

If Canelo wins this weekend I can see them setting up a Canelo/Pacquiao matchup that could be interesting for fight fans and have some draw.

I don't disagree at all. I think Mayweather is brilliant at the game. And his corner knows how to keep him from loosing. Manny's corner definitely let him down. If they had him believing he was winning then they are partially to blame for this loss. Had he pushed harder the last 6 rounds it would have been a much closer fight. I had him 115/113 loosing. If his shoulder was part of the reason he didn't throw more punches then they should have delayed the fight 3/4 weeks so he could heal... but I think they probably were scared too. He needed that pay day and Mayweather has already proven he'd shut it down for whatever reason.

If Canelo wins... him fighting Manny might get my attention again. But I don't know if it will matter.

Mayweather says he's fighting in Sept so my guess is they already know who.

It really should be the winner of the Canelo/Paq fight but he won't wait that long. I think he'll pick someone he thinks he can knock out. He'll fight for a knock out the first few rounds. If he doesn't get it by 5 or so he'll go back to dancing around and then finish with a good last 2 rounds. Retire.

I would not be surprised to see Paq win and end up with 1 or 2 more belts before he retires since Mayweather is going to hand them over. But who the hell knows.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:28 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Fight of Epic Proportions: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/many...tupid-dumb-why

^ I agree. as a 13yr fan of Manny I'm disappointed. He took the pay day or he didn't want to let fans down with a delay... doesn't matter. fans want him to win.

dude... if Manny could do that with a torn rotator cuff, he could beat Floyd. he got out boxed, but he didn't get his *** kicked. I want a rematch after surgery.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:56 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
I want to see Keith Thurman fight Mayweather.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:12 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Manny Pacquiao?s stupid decision cost us the fight of the century | For The Win

^ I agree. as a 13yr fan of Manny I'm disappointed. He took the pay day or he didn't want to let fans down with a delay... doesn't matter. fans want him to win.

dude... if Manny could do that with a torn rotator cuff, he could beat Floyd. he got out boxed, but he didn't get his *** kicked. I want a rematch after surgery.
No one got beat up, just out boxed, there was no fight, just a boxing match.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:17 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Manny Pacquiao was not himself during last Saturday’s “fight of the century,” getting outpunched and outperformed by Floyd Mayweather for 12 rounds of unspectacular boxing. It was revealed Monday that Pacquiao will undergo surgery to fix what is being reported as a “significant tear” in his rotator cuff. According to Pacquiao’s advisor, Michael Koncz, the injury was sustained in early April.

Surely, this should soften one’s perception of Pacquiao’s performance on Saturday, right? After all, the man was fighting on essentially one rotator cuff and put up the best fight he could under the circumstances. Credit should be given to him for pushing through it and simply getting into the ring altogether.

Wrong. This is worse than simply underperforming. This is stupidity incarnate, and truly confirms that this fight was only about the money.
Right, because it is such as evil and despicable thing in United States to do things solely for money. To Floyd and Manny boxing is probably a job no different than accounting or medicine to rest of us. You don't show up for work, you don't get paid.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Manny Pacquiao?s stupid decision cost us the fight of the century | For The Win

Sounds like it'll probably happen.... that would probably end up being win number 50 for Mayweather unless he waits for him and tries to just get one more big cash out. It's about the only situation that would make him anywhere near to what he made this fight. People will be drawn in by the... oh manny was hurt... we'll get a better fight this time... and wanting to see win number 49 and the retirement of Mayweather.

Almost sounds like it was "meant" to be.

But yes if he really did have a torn rotator cuff the whole time and he was able to actually back down and hit manny for the first few rounds... he should be able to do more in a second fight. It's difficult to even lift your arm let alone punch. Crazy. And lord willing Manny would learn from this last one and just go for it. It's one thing to use footwork and back him down but once you get him in there you've got to lay punches on him to keep him from grabbing.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Manny Pacquiao rematch? Floyd Mayweather will give it a chance | More | Sporting News
Old 05-05-2015, 07:23 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea, significant injury. Out of the game for at least a year. But damn, $100 and you didn't disclose that... not good.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Yea, significant injury. Out of the game for at least a year. But damn, $100 and you didn't disclose that... not good.
So what.

How many ufc fights have you watched that DIDN'T have guys fighting injured?

I will say this though.... these guys are ****ing genius'. Manny was looking down the barrel of a much much lower pay day... maybe a quarter of what he just got. And Manny was looking at no more big pay days.

Not so much anymore.

The retarded *** class action suit will get tossed out or settled. Manny will pay a fine but still clear more than he ever has before and they'll fight again. The fight will probably go the same... or they have an amazing knock out in the 9th round and Mayweather will retire 49-0 with a ko over the second best fighter in the world. For taking the dive manny will get a hot at one of the vacant belts.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:36 AM
VIP Member

Manny Pacquiao -- Hit with Class Action Suit ... You Screwed Viewers & Gamblers (UPDATE) | TMZ.com

i wonder what will become of this stuff

Quick Reply: Fight of Epic Proportions: Mayweather vs Pacquiao