18.70%
None, end in a draw to make more $$.
8.13%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Fight of Epic Proportions: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 05:21 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Everything 5050, plus another 50mil to the winner. Woulda been better.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
No joy in Daly City tonite
Old 05-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
And put the $100M into a briefcase suspended at the ceiling in center of the ring?! Money in the bank, baby!
A ladder match?
Old 05-02-2015, 10:12 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
and the ladder is on a table? surrounded by chairs?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Fight of Epic Proportions: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Floyd is basically the master of boxing.

Which makes me want to give up ever watching it again. I just can't get behind his run, counterpunching defensive style.

anyways...
Old 05-02-2015, 11:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

Which makes me want to give up ever watching it again. I just can't get behind his run, counterpunching defensive style.

anyways...
I will very likely never watch another boxing match as long as I live. That was ****ing horse****. There is no honor in that sport.

The dude had one truly quality round. The 11th. And wins a fight because he outpointed Manny. I can not get behind something where a guy can get repeatedly backed into the ropes, the corner backed up everywhere and do nothing but either grab and hold or run away.... and win a fight.

The punch numbers are horse**** too. Most of Mayweathers bunches where thrown in the wind or in to Manny's gloves. Manny landed a crap ton of solid shots in the first 8 rounds.

Worst great boxer in history. He clearly is a master at the sport. He knows what to do to win. He learned a lot loosing in the olympics and it changed him. He's a point fighter... olympic style point fighter. Period.

That's why he will not be considered one of the greatest by any true fight fan.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Old 05-03-2015, 10:33 AM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
https://www.facebook.com/X963FM/vide...2864467157599/
Old 05-03-2015, 11:59 AM

Car Info: DGM STI
Was supposed to go watch the fight with friends. Woman got me tied up doing miscellaneous **** and I ended up forgetting. Wasn't until I was driving near a friends house in the hood that I started noticing a ****load of house parties that I remembered about the fight.

Checked out ESPN real quick to check out the outcome and saw this:
Name:  skUlJeN.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  18.4 KB

laughs.. so glad I didn't bother.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I will very likely never watch another boxing match as long as I live. That was ****ing horse****. There is no honor in that sport.

The dude had one truly quality round. The 11th. And wins a fight because he outpointed Manny. I can not get behind something where a guy can get repeatedly backed into the ropes, the corner backed up everywhere and do nothing but either grab and hold or run away.... and win a fight.

The punch numbers are horse**** too. Most of Mayweathers bunches where thrown in the wind or in to Manny's gloves. Manny landed a crap ton of solid shots in the first 8 rounds.

Worst great boxer in history. He clearly is a master at the sport. He knows what to do to win. He learned a lot loosing in the olympics and it changed him. He's a point fighter... olympic style point fighter. Period.

That's why he will not be considered one of the greatest by any true fight fan.

You said it perfect,I feel the exact same way.I really thought since floyd was at the end of his career he would have came out to fight but money and wins are all that matter and played the point system to the t.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:15 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Money handled the fight. First time I've ever seen Pacman not be as quick or faster than his opponent. It showed, Mayweather landed some key shots when Manny went in and Manny knew he was the slower fighter. Speed killed this fight, made Manny into a mediocre person. He did land some shots, but Mayweather seemed to pepper him when he wanted.

I definitely was on edge every time they circled at the center of the ring, Mayweather ate him alive standing toe to toe there. Not enough crisp clean shots by the Pacman camp, was hoping he'd hurt Mayweather but he seemed crisp the whole fight.

As far as the injury to the shoulder went, I wouldn't have cared if I waited another month for a postponement, at least we get a clear product. Sucks if it's true. Mayweather will probably do it again with Manny, but there won't be any paycheck higher than this one.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Money handled the fight. First time I've ever seen Pacman not be as quick or faster than his opponent. It showed, Mayweather landed some key shots when Manny went in and Manny knew he was the slower fighter. Speed killed this fight, made Manny into a mediocre person. He did land some shots, but Mayweather seemed to pepper him when he wanted.

I definitely was on edge every time they circled at the center of the ring, Mayweather ate him alive standing toe to toe there. Not enough crisp clean shots by the Pacman camp, was hoping he'd hurt Mayweather but he seemed crisp the whole fight.

As far as the injury to the shoulder went, I wouldn't have cared if I waited another month for a postponement, at least we get a clear product. Sucks if it's true. Mayweather will probably do it again with Manny, but there won't be any paycheck higher than this one.
Floyd looked pretty concerned first two rounds or so. Wasn't himself. But he was just trying to figure out who he was fighting, he wasn't taking chances. You could see as the fight went on he got more and more comfortable. He knew Manny wasn't going to be able to overcome the reach deficit.

I don't think speed for most of the fight was an issue, but the last 4 rounds yeah, Manny wasn't as crisp at all.

I think the shoulder thing is stupid. I'd have postponed the fight. If it's true, well, they gave us an inferior fight then.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:50 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
And put the $100M into a briefcase suspended at the ceiling in center of the ring?! Money in the bank, baby!
I know right. far more entertaining
OR they should make it a full UFC firght or WWE Tables Ladders and Chairs match
Originally Posted by Brfatal
A ladder match?
Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
and the ladder is on a table? surrounded by chairs?
OK YOU GUYS ARE ONTO SOMETHING!!! going to watch WWE instead of boxing....... like always haha

anyways...
Yes Floyd out boxed him but people and manny wanted a fight.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:15 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by sigma pi
OK YOU GUYS ARE ONTO SOMETHING!!! going to watch WWE instead of boxing....... like always haha

Yes Floyd out boxed him but people and manny wanted a fight.
At least Floyd proved that the only time he is willing to engage and offensively throw punches is when he is beating on his wife or whatever other woman happens to be around. Was he not also a starch defender of Rice in his TKO of his then girlfriend?
Old 05-04-2015, 12:18 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
At least Floyd proved that the only time he is willing to engage and offensively throw punches is when he is beating on his wife or whatever other woman happens to be around. Was he not also a starch defender of Rice in his TKO of his then girlfriend?
5 time champion there

Quick Reply: Fight of Epic Proportions: Mayweather vs Pacquiao