FA20DIT talk

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 08:16 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by fasha15
Newbie here, what is e85-50? If you can explain it thoroughly i would appreciate it. Thanks.
What PROcede meant by E50-85 is that some people are using an ethanol mix, with the ethanol content being between 50% and 85%. You have to run more fuel due to the low energy content in alcohol, but it has a higher octane rating so you can run more timing and boost.

Originally Posted by SLEEPERWRX
I am an early adopter with a 13 BRZ and I'm very pleased with the car and the FA20

I’ve added more power through the usual volumetric efficiency schemes while keeping it NA

AFE Takeda intake, Nameless 4 2 1 header + Miltek exhaust, and Ecutek tune

As the revs rise, the engine pulls hard to the red line - it's very nice

I've also done suspension, brake, and driveline mods.

What I enjoy the most is the light weight, balance, and driving feel while cornering.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by prlbluwrx
Why is the WRX so quiet? While changing my exhaust I started the car with the mufflers off and it was barley louder. I now am set up with my Perrin Catback and it has a very nice tone but it is still really quiet.
The stock J pipe sucks from what I've gathered. If you want any kind of volume at all you must replace it. I threw muffler deletes on mine and it is still too quiet in my opinion but if I were to go with an aftermarket j pipe I would switch to mufflers.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:03 PM

Car Info: Silver 04 STi FP Black
I got the Wife a 2015 WRX. The only mod we have done (besides her putting pink stickers on it) is Nameless Axleback exhaust. It makes a good note IMO... Next will be the Invidia J-Pipe, ETS intake and a tune. Later on will be the ETS turbo kit and ETS FMIC... unless someone else comes out with a turbo set up in the next year. The only flaw the car has is it stumbles a lil around 4k and the trunk doesn't want to shut first time for some reason... usually takes 2-3 tries to slam at a medium force.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:30 PM

16K on my FA20DIT

IAG AOS
TIC TGV Deletes
Killer Bee J/I Pipe
Nameless Mid Pipe

Car is strong. I think with bolt ons, and E85 you can push near 360whp 380wtq. Probably close to the breaking of the stock rods.

Cheap, relatively easy power.

My conservative stage 2 tune is around 300whp 320wtq.

I still got the Killer Bee aftercooler, Killer Bee chargepipe, and IAG EGR delete to install. Probably going to wait for Cobb's flex fuel to come out, then do it all at one time.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:19 AM

Updates! I am putting my Cobb Catted J pipe, Mishimoto intake, Cobb stage 2+ mishimotoe map and Perrin Cat back on this weekend. I am very excited. Does anyone has an estimated HP/TQ for this set up?