Debating on racelands or bc or stance coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT and 06 WRX TR
LOL nobody did research on Intrax proflex coilovers.....
Old 07-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by Scoobywax
Nothing. Dont worry about it.

Im just rolling my eyes cause in a different thread i suggested 441s or fa500's to a 16 year old on a budget and i get the response " bcs and iscs are fine."

Sure they are fine but dont you want to spend a little more for a lot better product?
ok and?

Originally Posted by 04FXTURBO
LOL nobody did research on Intrax proflex coilovers.....
I don't think so.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
Fortune 500 or Feal 441
Old 07-17-2014, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by Heedz

ok and?
Nothing dont worry about it. Should have remembered nothing matters to you lol.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:19 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
I got St coilovers with group n tops brand new $1325 shipped from a nasioc vendor

You can also use your stock tophats and save a few hundred
Old 07-17-2014, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx
I got St coilovers with group n tops brand new $1325 shipped from a nasioc vendor

You can also use your stock tophats and save a few hundred
Nice. Good buy. Some people forget kw makes them.

Thats about the price of my hvts but i ordered group n top hats and com c fronts too.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:39 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
Feals or Fortune Auto would be your best bet

Last edited by awdorgtfo; 07-17-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:40 PM

Car Info: 06' wrx (sold), 89' 325is
I ended up going with BC's with custom 10k/8k spring rates over the 8k/6k. Scoobywax did recommend fortunes and feals and I really wanted fortunes but they were a bit more than I could afford trying to save money where I can. I was quoted $1200 before tax for baseline fortunes (so in the end around 1300 or so depending on whatever fees would come about) and the BC's brand new were $900 flat. No tax, free shipping. $400 is something I would gladly keep in my pocket especially when a longblock rebuild is right around the corner. The only reason i feel confident with my choice is the fact so many people like them. I've ridden in a few cars with BC's and drove one myself and honestly they felt amazing to me compared to oem struts and springs. I'm no baller like you guys with thousands in your suspension so Of course it can't be compared, but I also don't track my car every weekend nor is it practical for me to spend that much when I won't even use it to it's full potential.
My tip is to just go to a meet and ask for rides in others cars and make the decision yourself. After all; it is your money, and your car. I enjoyed BC's on my friends sti with 10/8k springs. It's pretty low and has upgraded sways and end links but it met my standards forsure.

Last edited by Astafyev26; 07-17-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:44 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
What is wrong with your Intrax coilovers? What model do you have? Mine are great and definitely along the lines of a KW v3. Definitely wasn't my first choice for coilovers, but for the deal I got on them brand new. Couldn't not buy them.

Anybody that doesn't know about Intrax and is saying they're cheap garbage, go jump off the golden gate or actually educate yourself before you jump to a conclusion.

Last edited by awdorgtfo; 07-17-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:49 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by 04FXTURBO
omg, relax guys.... im on a budget and not everybody makes good money. that's like me using progressive shocks on my motorcycle, instead of spending $ for some works shocks that actually work. all i am asking for are opinions. I'm not here to have a debate. ide like to pick the less ****tiest out of the bunch.
+1

Originally Posted by silverbullet415
both are garbage
HA! Too busy being unhelpful to realize that there were three coilover brands being discussed.
Fail.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Astafyev26
I ended up going with BC's with custom 10k/8k spring rates over the 8k/6k. Scoobywax did recommend fortunes and feals and I really wanted fortunes but they were a bit more than I could afford trying to save money where I can. I was quoted $1200 before tax for baseline fortunes (so in the end around 1300 or so depending on whatever fees would come about) and the BC's brand new were $900 flat. No tax, free shipping. $400 is something I would gladly keep in my pocket especially when a longblock rebuild is right around the corner. The only reason i feel confident with my choice is the fact so many people like them. I've ridden in a few cars with BC's and drove one myself and honestly they felt amazing to me compared to oem struts and springs. I'm no baller like you guys with thousands in your suspension so Of course it can't be compared, but I also don't track my car every weekend nor is it practical for me to spend that much when I won't even use it to it's full potential.
My tip is to just go to a meet and ask for rides in others cars and make the decision yourself. After all; it is your money, and your car.
You should've not bought the coils and used that towards the long block. Something you do not realize is that "32 way adjustable" or whatever the hell it is now is just a marketing scheme. You can ask norcalbmxer on here..... 10 clicks made NO adjustments to compression/rebound. On something that is quality made one click will make a huge difference. They only feel amazing compared to OEM struts because they are stiffer but stiffer does not always equal handling the car has to have a certain amount of dip to provide maximum traction. Just because it turns flat does not mean it's the right thing. Just because the car does not get tracked etc does not yield an answer for coilovers. Coilovers should be rebuilt every 10-30k. Granted I haven't been able to but to know that the coils I have are almost around 100k miles on them and only one clunks on huge bumps with weight in the back proves they last, plus these coils have been used and abused. If it's a daily driven car a strut spring set up would far outweight the benefits of buying a coilover. Even on the track if properly set up a strut spring set up may do better.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Astafyev26
My tip is to just go to a meet and ask for rides in others cars and make the decision yourself. After all; it is your money, and your car. I enjoyed BC's on my friends sti with 10/8k springs. It's pretty low and has upgraded sways and end links but it met my standards forsure.
Dayum! 10k 8k?
Planning on taking it to thunderhill every weekend?
Old 07-17-2014, 07:58 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
i was on a budget in college i ended up with dspecs+ rce yellows, after college i was on a budget and i got RCE tarmac 2s. save up and do it right the first time
Old 07-17-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobywax
Dayum! 10k 8k?
Planning on taking it to thunderhill every weekend?
Their springs mean nothing to be honest. It's generic valving across the board for all applications hence the **** ride quality.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
All this thread needs now is a brfatal post.

Quick Reply: Debating on racelands or bc or stance coilovers