Crazy idiot driver being late!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:08 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
At 7am, I head out the door to go to work. I warmed up my car like the usual and back out of the driveway.. In front of my house, there's a elementary school. Parents drop off their children, holding their hand as they cross the street. So I keep the speed limit, saw two parents getting ready to cross the road, there is this stupid ***** that's supposedly "late" for work, turns her hazards on, passes me on the wrong side of the road on a two-way street, at least 40mph. Parent and child was halfway cross the street and they had to get the hell out of dodge! There even were one of those volunteer people that hold up the stop sign as they cross. Last year, a 8 year old girl was killed while crossing the street. Her mom? Paralyzed for life. I get pulled over for driving 70 on a 55 and this *****lady gets a pass? I can only imagine what would've happened to this lady if there was a fictional day such as the movie "purge".
Old 03-18-2014, 08:36 AM

Car Info: 93 Impreza LS, 05 WRX Wagon, 98 Impreza Wagon
She probably lives in the neighborhood. Maybe a friendly note stating her bad driving habit should be delivered

Last edited by Rufino O; 05-09-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:58 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I would agree, more than likely she lives in the area, spend a little time hanging out, watching for her, follow her to "work" or home and leave a little reminder of how to be a good driver...

I find sparkplugs into the windows, slashed tires, and paint thinner poured into the interior (on dash and such) makes a great little friendly reminder.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
When i lived in Rancho Cordova every year a kid will get hit by a car cuz people don't know how to drive in a school zone, now there is at lease 2 cops on the street everyday. People are just stupid, in front of our apartments there is construction going on, 25mph at all time, nope people will tailgate you, honk at you and try to cut you of. The fact that there is bunch of orange cones and a GIANT sign that flashes a waring to slow doing, does not do anything. I lost my faith in humanity long time ago.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:06 AM

She nearly killed a child. I'm sure slashing her tires, following her to her home to break her windows and etc, were what those pedestrians had in mind.. And then I get pulled over on the way to work for doing nothing. What a country!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:28 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Overbear
I find sparkplugs into the windows
Why sparkplugs?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:33 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Why sparkplugs?
Porcelain

Two wrongs dont make a right. Have a cop post up and catch her.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
Originally Posted by sigma pi
Porcelain

Two wrongs dont make a right. Have a cop post up and catch her.
i agree, better let the cops take care of it, then you end up in jail.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
PIC of the license plate, call into police as dangerous driver. Not your job to do something about it besides report it. WHEN, not IF, this idiot kills someone then it will already be documented as a pattern. Unfortunately, someone else is going to pay the price for it.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Originally Posted by hey1230000
At 7am, I head out the door to go to work. I warmed up my car like the usual and back out of the driveway.. In front of my house, there's a elementary school. Parents drop off their children, holding their hand as they cross the street. So I keep the speed limit, saw two parents getting ready to cross the road, there is this stupid ***** that's supposedly "late" for work, turns her hazards on, passes me on the wrong side of the road on a two-way street, at least 40mph. Parent and child was halfway cross the street and they had to get the hell out of dodge! There even were one of those volunteer people that hold up the stop sign as they cross. Last year, a 8 year old girl was killed while crossing the street. Her mom? Paralyzed for life. I get pulled over for driving 70 on a 55 and this *****lady gets a pass? I can only imagine what would've happened to this lady if there was a fictional day such as the movie "purge".
Seriously.. some people are just nuts. These things happen everyday. Even on a regular cross walk, people just seem too much in a hurry than to care about other's lives.. Im glade the parent and the child got out just in time.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Originally Posted by 04GG
PIC of the license plate, call into police as dangerous driver. Not your job to do something about it besides report it. WHEN, not IF, this idiot kills someone then it will already be documented as a pattern. Unfortunately, someone else is going to pay the price for it.
This.

at least the PD is aware...
Old 03-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by 04GG
I have done this many times before with crazy people driving 55 on a 20 zone almost hitting kids getting off the bus.. One lucky day the cop managed to post up and catch at least 5 people doing so and it has stopped ever since. Yes people's time is valuable but, a human life is more valuable than anything.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Go ahead and pass me. Ill see you ahead at the next wreck!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:47 AM

Definately should've turned her in, I forgot the license plate.. she could've passed me on a 2 lane road I can care less.. what made me angry was it was in a residential area, oncoming cars, and mostly kids attending school. I don't have kids but they shouldn't have to take the fault for some dumb lady. Time to carry a bat in the trunk.

There was an officer that directed traffic during mornings and afternoons for a few weeks since the accident last year, but no longer there.. they made several speed bumps to slow people down, but I've witnessed a Lexus going airborne two weeks ago in front of my house, slammed into the pole. Two houses down, a guy owns a slammed "hellaflush" accord, takes him 5 minutes to go over one speed bump. Just wow

Last edited by hey1230000; 03-18-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:47 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Talk to the school Principal. See about offering to volunteer in the morning.

Get yourself 2 tri-pods and 2 Go-Pros*.

Post them at the intersection but not in plain view so they can get coverage of the scene. From a facing and a tailing angle so you can get full "media" style coverage on any events.

Advise the Crossing Gaurd and parents quietly so that they are aware of what happened and that you are filming what is going on.

They might argue about privacy rights but they're in a public space, and they actually should support the effort.

Turn in ANYTHING you get worth pursuing.

Pretty much how we got the lights on the boulevard 4 houses down finally installed and made the city alter the timing during school hours.

*Get someone additional to help you monitor your equipment for theft. Have them interact and watch passively from a safe distance. Don't let them get too involved or distracted in the minutae of talking to parents or backing you up as to what is happening unless you need it. That person is there to monitor traffic and the cameras for you.

~This way if something happens and anyone cops to having caught it on video there are people who will take the camera and take off if possible to prevent their or someone else's prosecution.

Last edited by TheFozz; 03-18-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Crazy idiot driver being late!