Craigslist Imprezas...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 03:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by boardoholic

Was this friend Jeff by chance?

And I feel you on cars looking larger on the outside than they actual feel from in the cabin. From what I recall, it did not feel dramatically smaller than it should be considering what its exterior looks like.
Nah, Jeff's was a little nicer than this one. This one had cloth seats and no sunroof - though most would prefer that I guess. It was also black. My buddy swooped it walking through the city as the original owner was putting a for sale sign on it in front of his house. Only mod was a big *** antenna screwed into the fender. LOL?

I get you, but for me, the biggest intruder was the center console to my right knee. Also not much space above my head for a helmet on a track day. I feel more space inside my 2002 WRX driver area than in that car. The next was the back seat. Not much more space than in the WRX. I'm probably just too darn large.

Lastly, it's difficult to change the head unit if that is important to you. Anyway, it was when I was involved with this car. Fits a bike nicely though, and nothing like it on the back roads. I think this one was around ~315AWHP. I had wanted to buy it, but did not. I would have added more aggressive brake pads, and probably done struts/springs. Nothing else. Great car.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:27 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Seriously, back when my faithful lil silver "girl" still had decent trade-in value, an 05 LGT wgn 5mt was the one I seriously considered pulling the trigger on.

This one posted here reminds of Jeff's (AKA ipozestu's). And he had that thing dialed in!

I know the ad said no lowball offers, but is $10k+ really a fair price? Even with all the upgrades, I was thinking somewhere in the low $8k range considering it's an 11+ year old vehicle with 148k mi.
Do you know how much my FXT blue books for vs. what I paid vs what I am selling it for? Demand and a clean example make a big difference.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Seriously, back when my faithful lil silver "girl" still had decent trade-in value, an 05 LGT wgn 5mt was the one I seriously considered pulling the trigger on.

This one posted here reminds of Jeff's (AKA ipozestu's). And he had that thing dialed in!

I know the ad said no lowball offers, but is $10k+ really a fair price? Even with all the upgrades, I was thinking somewhere in the low $8k range considering it's an 11+ year old vehicle with 148k mi.

Yea I think he's got the price a bit on the high side. I think he has it up that way because of the mods and the fact that it's stick but it really should be sub 10 at the very least.

I think I'm actually going to go take a look at this car next week, been talking to the owner he's a nice dude. I like my BRZ but it's small, can really use an upgrade in power and space. Been wanting a legacy wagon for a long time.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:52 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
Yea I think he's got the price a bit on the high side. I think he has it up that way because of the mods and the fact that it's stick but it really should be sub 10 at the very least.

I think I'm actually going to go take a look at this car next week, been talking to the owner he's a nice dude. I like my BRZ but it's small, can really use an upgrade in power and space. Been wanting a legacy wagon for a long time.
Sounds about right considering it is a CL post. When did any of us actually got our asking price for high ticket items? That's why you post high then give the buyer "illusion of discount" by negotiating down to your actual desired value
Old 09-28-2016, 09:14 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Yeah, I think he knows he won't get his asking price and that's why it is priced that way.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:31 AM
Where's Mah Reachin' Stick?

Car Info: On the right side
1998 Subaru 2.5rs gc8 Impreza
Old 09-29-2016, 01:25 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by UnderTheRadar
Wow! That seems pretty crazy, but hey.

I found out I can ship my car so I may be able to take my WRX with me after all. Might sell my 2.5RS to pay to ship the WRX. Would love to take both but only have one parking spot.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:48 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by UnderTheRadar
Hmmm It has been flagged for removal...was something amiss or did some butt hurt millanial trolled it?

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Wow! That seems pretty crazy, but hey.

I found out I can ship my car so I may be able to take my WRX with me after all. Might sell my 2.5RS to pay to ship the WRX. Would love to take both but only have one parking spot.
w00t!!!
Old 09-29-2016, 05:43 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Hmmm It has been flagged for removal...was something amiss or did some butt hurt millanial trolled it?
It's back, but for $6900 now. It's also in the classifieds..
Old 09-30-2016, 09:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Someone was posting about it having frame damage and it being modified and to avoid the seller cause it's not disclosed.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by 04GG
Do you know how much my FXT blue books for vs. what I paid vs what I am selling it for? Demand and a clean example make a big difference.
For sure on what I bolded. That's why I later posted how silly of me to forget the obvious. LOL

Btw, were you able to sell your FXT to that prospective buyer?
Old 09-30-2016, 01:48 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

For sure on what I bolded. That's why I later posted how silly of me to forget the obvious. LOL

Btw, were you able to sell your FXT to that prospective buyer?
He just picked it up a few minutes ago.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

I sold my Prius yesterday. So now I only own Imprezas. No more car loans and that was the last of my debt of any kind. It was a great car especially in traffic, but it just sat there because frankly my Imprezas are just more fun and engaging to operate. I never once caught myself parking a Prius so I could see it from where I was sitting...
Old 10-02-2016, 06:18 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I sold my Prius yesterday. So now I only own Imprezas. No more car loans and that was the last of my debt of any kind. It was a great car especially in traffic, but it just sat there because frankly my Imprezas are just more fun and engaging to operate. I never once caught myself parking a Prius so I could see it from where I was sitting...
yup. Would have had no car loan had I kept the FXT. But the STI is fun enough to make it worth a payment.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:23 PM

Car Info: 2010 Forester
2001 Subaru Impreza For Sale

Because who wouldn't pay $3000 for a 15 year old ****box with stickers?

Quick Reply: Craigslist Imprezas...