Clea bra help/recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 PM

Car Info: No more Subaru
After calling everyone you guys recommended and just getting off of the phone with Jeremy, i think I'm gonna stick with Jeremy, he's got fair prices and seems cool/knows what he's doing. Everyone else I called today struck me as weird/somewhere I wouldn't take my car to
Old 04-24-2013, 12:13 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by Blue T-WReX
After calling everyone you guys recommended and just getting off of the phone with Jeremy, i think I'm gonna stick with Jeremy, he's got fair prices and seems cool/knows what he's doing. Everyone else I called today struck me as weird/somewhere I wouldn't take my car to
The food across from his shop is bomb too. Tasty beer selection as well. If you go on a Friday than plan to hit up Devils Canyon brewing for a pint or two!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by queeg9k

The food across from his shop is bomb too. Tasty beer selection as well. If you go on a Friday than plan to hit up Devils Canyon brewing for a pint or two!
Ill keep that in mind since ill be there waiting on the car a while haha. Where's it even located?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
If anyone wants A Clear Bra installed I got a friend who has been doing it for years and does really good job. He owns his own shop In Santa Rosa, if your down to drive up this way I can get you a deal on the job! PM me and I can get you a price, you can get a simple kit that his machine will cut out or he can do a full custom kit that cost more but it covers more of the paint! I had my whole hood, both from fenders completely covered and the front bumper and rocker panels and behind my rear tires!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
I'd recommend Mr. Tint near valley fair mall. They have almost perfect reviews on yelp. Takes 1 day to do.

btw I PM'd you op about a body shop to paint a car but you never replied.. wondering if you got the msg
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
BOOM.

Kills me when people bag on a company without giving them the chance to fix it. Bag on them when they don't. LOL!
thanks Ray but its not a problem. I also get calls all the times from un-happy people that got installs elsewhere that want me to re-do it and when they explain the problems 90% of the time they are things that came up after the moisture dried and could be touched up easily, I just tell them I dont want to take their money for something their guy can easily fix for them. I use to just mention to people to let me know if anything comes up but nowadays I just ask them to come back in a week and let me check it out, that way I can take care of anything before they probably even notice.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by foosh
I'd recommend Mr. Tint near valley fair mall. They have almost perfect reviews on yelp. Takes 1 day to do.

btw I PM'd you op about a body shop to paint a car but you never replied.. wondering if you got the msg
sorry probably not, since my PM notifications have been off I dont know any shops in San Jose well enough to recommend, theres a couple good ones up here by SFO if you dont mind driving up
Old 04-24-2013, 01:22 PM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
dunno if this was covered, but have you considered DIY? I dunno how handy you are with a heat gun, some spray bottles and a squeegee, but I ordered a pre cut kit from ebay and diy'd in my friend's garage; nearly 2 years and no peels, just a few edges i'll do better next time - I'm thinking to redo it soon

*edit, always better to have someone do it at a reasonable price, i didn't have that luxury here
Old 04-24-2013, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen
If anyone wants A Clear Bra installed I got a friend who has been doing it for years and does really good job. He owns his own shop In Santa Rosa, if your down to drive up this way I can get you a deal on the job! PM me and I can get you a price, you can get a simple kit that his machine will cut out or he can do a full custom kit that cost more but it covers more of the paint! I had my whole hood, both from fenders completely covered and the front bumper and rocker panels and behind my rear tires!
Hey if you are talking about Rob he moved down here last year and we opened a shop in Belmont

Name:  hsaIIHD.png
Views: 4
Size:  660.4 KB
Old 04-24-2013, 01:23 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by Blue T-WReX
Ill keep that in mind since ill be there waiting on the car a while haha. Where's it even located?
Marvin Gardens: 1160 Old County Road just South of Ralston Ave Belmont, CA 94002

Devils Canyon Brewery: 111 Industrial Rd #7 Belmont, CA 94002
(650) 592-2739
Old 04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Krinkov
thanks Ray but its not a problem. I also get calls all the times from un-happy people that got installs elsewhere that want me to re-do it and when they explain the problems 90% of the time they are things that came up after the moisture dried and could be touched up easily, I just tell them I dont want to take their money for something their guy can easily fix for them. I use to just mention to people to let me know if anything comes up but nowadays I just ask them to come back in a week and let me check it out, that way I can take care of anything before they probably even notice.
That's good business brother.

I just had this conversation with my t-shirt vendor. It's easy to find vendors. It's easy to just compare quality and pricing and pick people. But I tend to stick with relationships. You do me right I take care of you. You screw me you're done.

We had a bumpy road with my BAM print job but we've talked it out and he cares about person to person interaction and making sure he does what he says he'll do. Whether it's a deadline or just a quality print. Fact of the matter is that EVERYONE makes mistakes. It's what you do after that mistakes that makes me come back or choose another vendor.

So you know what... something came up for work where we might order 600-1200 shirts and I put him on the top of my vendor preference list.

That's how I am with folks like you, GST, Lic, FW, etc. You've always done right by me even though I'm not dropping tippy top dollar on everything. So I do my best to let folks know about you when the opportunities arise.

It's how it is. Treat people right, do quality work... get respect.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Ug... I wish I could afford to turn you guys loose on a wrap on my wagon. WANT!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by queeg9k

Marvin Gardens: 1160 Old County Road just South of Ralston Ave Belmont, CA 94002

Devils Canyon Brewery: 111 Industrial Rd #7 Belmont, CA 94002
(650) 592-2739
Thank you sir!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by tesh
dunno if this was covered, but have you considered DIY? I dunno how handy you are with a heat gun, some spray bottles and a squeegee, but I ordered a pre cut kit from ebay and diy'd in my friend's garage; nearly 2 years and no peels, just a few edges i'll do better next time - I'm thinking to redo it soon

*edit, always better to have someone do it at a reasonable price, i didn't have that luxury here
I'd rather not, putting on clear bras is an art form and I'd likely screw it up and be out a few hundred bucks and still have to do it professionally. And I tend to stick away from eBay stuff like this haha
Old 04-24-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by foosh

Ill check them out but I'm pretty set on going to Jeremy, and I thought I responded to that. It was a pretty vague question and I don't work at a body shop so I can't give you a quote. I have a guy who does work for me on the side at cost but he's been so busy the last few months he couldn't even paint stuff for my old car when I still had it. so I can't really recommend you anywhere, sorry!

Quick Reply: Clea bra help/recommendations