Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
damn you guys have caught some crazy stuff
Old 09-05-2014, 10:39 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Just now 17south past Hamilton.

some idiot pickup didn't tie down his furniture and it fell out on 17 south. Then a vette(?) almost hit it and swerved and lost control. He went up the embankment and went airborne and probably rolled. Heard the huge slam crunch as he landed. I was 2 lanes over and thankfully not affected.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
I feel like SF has the most oblivious drivers in the bay area...i have to double check every time i set off to see if there's something about to happen.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:01 PM
06d

Car Info: 2006 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by RU-X
I feel like SF has the most oblivious drivers in the bay area...i have to double check every time i set off to see if there's something about to happen.
i would put SF as #2 right after Manhattan
Old 09-13-2014, 08:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I have been using my Blackvue DR-500G-HD for a little while now. I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in the video quality, but what can you do - the thing is tiny. Video starts looking a bit sketchy above 50km/h and is downright un-usable above 140km/h. The software is pretty cool though and does a great job of playing back the video. It tags "high G" moments as "events" and records an extra snap, but unfortunately the way I drive it's pretty much a solid event until I get off the back roads. Also I had to delete the feature where it shows your speed because my wife was freaking out a little playing back some of the video.

Some neckbeard in a green/grey Legacy Outback brake-checked/road raged my wife, and then followed her into a parking lot, waited until she started getting the kids out of the car, and then began to berate her for getting in his way. So I am picking up that super-flash two channel front/rear unit they just came out with and putting it in her car as well. She basically just started taking pictures of him. My goal is to find the guy, get him to **** off Overbear, and then just watch the sparks fly.

Originally Posted by RU-X
Oblivious? That's the southbay where you can find some distressed lady in a sideways Camry blocking six lanes of traffic having no idea how they got there - happens every day. SF is more like playing football in a car, it's only a real problem when someone from out of town gets in the mix because then it's more like the southbay - everyone has to stop and wait while one idiot slowly tries to get their head out of their ***. SF traffic when it's moving is really fun and a lot like a strategy game - unless you are in a car you care about. Last time I ran errands up there it was in our big SUV right before I traded it in, so it was an absolute blast. Nothing like two wheels on a sidewalk to clear your path. Some V8 torque to make a tire howl "in place" is also a nice feature. Air horns help a lot.

Originally Posted by 06d
i would put SF as #2 right after Manhattan
Ever driven in Boston, London, or Madrid? SF is like sleeping in a car in comparison.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:11 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by wombatsauce

Ever driven in Boston, London, or Madrid? SF is like sleeping in a car in comparison.
Mexico City. /Game.

Here's my latest, (not gonna publicly post the footage).

Had some arrogant jerk (Jerk#2) in a Green 90's 4-Door Honda decide he was too good to wait his turn to merge while I was taking the NB880-EB238. Jerk #2 forcefully tries to merge in from the College St. on-ramp (behind WallyWorld) when the guy in front of me (Jerk #1 I'd just yeilded to), who had already done the same thing, almost smacks into the back of the Semi-TractorTrailer in front of me. I had about 900lbs in the back, two Semi-TractorTrailers on my left at 10 and 7, I was going nowhere, so I slow for a second to just let Jerk #2 through and what does he do?

Jams on his brakes as he tries to get in before the barrier wall closes in, almost get's hit by the Semi-TractorTrailer behind me, continues to accelerate almost into me, gets out of the lane, pulls up on my left, and proceeds to brake check and swerve at me while almost getting hit by a bread truck that was behind the trucks at 10 and 7 seconds ago.

Then the guy pulls in front of me and continues to still brake check all of us.

I slow down, let him act the fool, make sure I'm taking video. This goes on for another minute where he gets off at the E Lewelling and Mission exit, parks fast by pulling into 913 Lewelling and tries to walk over to the Semi-TractorTrailer Guy and me in a threatening manner.

Laughed as the Semi-TractorTrailer Driver lays on his horn, scares the guy, scares me so I move, and the Semi-TractorTrailer guy guns the throttle at him.

LMFAO! Apparently the guy is an employee of the place at 913 E Lewelling, a Pot Dispensary. (Verified it because I looked at video from the same route a week prior and the car's always there.)

So much for stoners being mellow people?

It used to not be like this. Too many people being allowed to get away with stuff IMHO.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:07 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Moar Videos!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:43 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by TheFozz
Mexico City. /Game.

Here's my latest, (not gonna publicly post the footage).

Had some arrogant jerk (Jerk#2) in a Green 90's 4-Door Honda decide he was too good to wait his turn to merge while I was taking the NB880-EB238. Jerk #2 forcefully tries to merge in from the College St. on-ramp (behind WallyWorld) when the guy in front of me (Jerk #1 I'd just yeilded to), who had already done the same thing, almost smacks into the back of the Semi-TractorTrailer in front of me. I had about 900lbs in the back, two Semi-TractorTrailers on my left at 10 and 7, I was going nowhere, so I slow for a second to just let Jerk #2 through and what does he do?

Jams on his brakes as he tries to get in before the barrier wall closes in, almost get's hit by the Semi-TractorTrailer behind me, continues to accelerate almost into me, gets out of the lane, pulls up on my left, and proceeds to brake check and swerve at me while almost getting hit by a bread truck that was behind the trucks at 10 and 7 seconds ago.

Then the guy pulls in front of me and continues to still brake check all of us.

I slow down, let him act the fool, make sure I'm taking video. This goes on for another minute where he gets off at the E Lewelling and Mission exit, parks fast by pulling into 913 Lewelling and tries to walk over to the Semi-TractorTrailer Guy and me in a threatening manner.

Laughed as the Semi-TractorTrailer Driver lays on his horn, scares the guy, scares me so I move, and the Semi-TractorTrailer guy guns the throttle at him.

LMFAO! Apparently the guy is an employee of the place at 913 E Lewelling, a Pot Dispensary. (Verified it because I looked at video from the same route a week prior and the car's always there.)

So much for stoners being mellow people?

It used to not be like this. Too many people being allowed to get away with stuff IMHO.
Peeps do get away with to much. Either actions are not being reported or peeps are not handling situations and the nut jobs keep acting like nut jobs.
Report them to their dispensary boss/manager. I'm sure the managers/owners don't need or want that kind of publicity.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:53 AM

Car Info: 2012 Legacy GT
Moar videos!!!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan

Heres one from my cell phone since my gopro ran out of batteries lol.
Mothers day madness. Wish i would have got him rear ending robs blue subie and us boxing him in until the police got there. This was just his first incident and he kept going after i called the police.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Sf is a cake walk. I just drove from wales to london... fml driving in london is ****ing retarded. The tube isnt much better...
Old 09-15-2014, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Scoobywax
Heres one from my cell phone since my gopro ran out of batteries lol.
Mothers day madness. Wish i would have got him rear ending robs blue subie and us boxing him in until the police got there. This was just his first incident and he kept going after i called the police.
video is private
Old 09-15-2014, 11:59 AM

Car Info: WRB Wagon
Originally Posted by norcalbro
Sf is a cake walk. I just drove from wales to london... fml driving in london is ****ing retarded. The tube isnt much better...
LOL i could imagine, just from watching top gear i'd never want to drive there.. on a side note I'd honestly nominate the peninsula(my home..) and maybe SJ as the worst in the bay.. I've seen it get worse and worse by the month it seems for the last 5+ years..

no offense to anyone.. but the amount of FOB(thats any race included) idiots working in the tech industry/Palo Alto central area with freshly dinged/scraped 2014 bmw/audi/merc's is hilarious and at the same time disgusting.. I watch people try to parallel outside my work(Philz in downtown PA) all day and laugh/equally SMH because the majority dont even realize what a hazard/threat they are driving, or the fact that they just backed into the car behind them 2x before pulling out of their spot w/ no concern, no look, or signal for that matter lol..

its pretty sad I must admit, I take every backroad possible these days, didnt think the Bay would ever come close to LA's driving situation but I'm beginning to re think that.. Crazy videos everyone, wish i had my gopro on for my ramming incident on 280 a few months back..
Old 09-15-2014, 04:08 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by Rescuer
video is private
Oops just fixed that