Bump. Who else is showing?
i registered
Old 08-08-2014, 12:52 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
apetron won lol again
Old 08-08-2014, 01:05 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
You guys really need to do better awards...this is my 4th BAM and you guys have the same terrible award system for the impreza...how can you put a mint condition show car bugeye vs apetron's car for the best "impreza"? you cant. they are two completely different cars and its unfair for it to be in the same class...

for the impreza category since there are so many cars it should be
best gc
best bugeye/peanut eye/blob eye
best hawkeye
best GR

edit: if this was a normal all cars car show like wekfest or blox it would be different...but its BAM...subaru only...i think this is how it should be done.

edit #2: payment sent
Old 08-08-2014, 01:13 AM

Car Info: No more Subaru
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
You guys really need to do better awards...this is my 4th BAM and you guys have the same terrible award system for the impreza...how can you put a mint condition show car bugeye vs apetron's car for the best "impreza"? you cant. they are two completely different cars and its unfair for it to be in the same class... for the impreza category since there are so many cars it should be best gc best bugeye/peanut eye/blob eye best hawkeye best GR edit: if this was a normal all cars car show like wekfest or blox it would be different...but its BAM...subaru only...i think this is how it should be done. edit #2: payment sent
Second this whole-heartedly, 2 years ago you did best of each body style, that should come back.

Also, just because a majority of you hate / don't care for flush cars doesn't mean there isn't a BIG BIG part of the Subaru community that does. Like it or not, it is a passion for some and it's not cool to rule them out and clown on them just because it's not "what a Subaru was meant for"
That's probably the only problem I see with BAM, it's not flush or stance friendly, and though you all think it's funny to make fun of stanced cars it's not cool. There's no reason we can't all just respect each other's cars because of the amount of love put in. I may never raise a Subaru, but I've seen a lot of raised/rally built and used subarus I think are bad-f**kin-***.

Hate/flame away. But just expressing my feelings, if I come off as rude it's not my intent so don't take it that way, I love BAM and the Subaru community but there's not reason to be hating on each other...

/rant
Old 08-08-2014, 01:29 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by LOLFUNCTION
Second this whole-heartedly, 2 years ago you did best of each body style, that should come back.

Also, just because a majority of you hate / don't care for flush cars doesn't mean there isn't a BIG BIG part of the Subaru community that does. Like it or not, it is a passion for some and it's not cool to rule them out and clown on them just because it's not "what a Subaru was meant for"
That's probably the only problem I see with BAM, it's not flush or stance friendly, and though you all think it's funny to make fun of stanced cars it's not cool. There's no reason we can't all just respect each other's cars because of the amount of love put in. I may never raise a Subaru, but I've seen a lot of raised/rally built and used subarus I think are bad-f**kin-***.

Hate/flame away. But just expressing my feelings, if I come off as rude it's not my intent so don't take it that way, I love BAM and the Subaru community but there's not reason to be hating on each other...

/rant

you're gay.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:32 AM

char

Last edited by LOLFUNCTION; 02-16-2023 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:36 AM

Please don't anyone take Brendan and I seriously. We're friends, he just knows not to speak bad to daddy or he gets smacked physically and via internet. I wasn't being malicious.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
You guys really need to do better awards...this is my 4th BAM and you guys have the same terrible award system for the impreza...how can you put a mint condition show car bugeye vs apetron's car for the best "impreza"? you cant. they are two completely different cars and its unfair for it to be in the same class...

for the impreza category since there are so many cars it should be
best gc
best bugeye/peanut eye/blob eye
best hawkeye
best GR

edit: if this was a normal all cars car show like wekfest or blox it would be different...but its BAM...subaru only...i think this is how it should be done.

edit #2: payment sent
every year this is brought up I would love to go back to this in the future but for now we are going to keep it as it is.

the problem is we dont get enough variation in the show we end up with categories that only have 2 cars or even worse 1 so its not really a compition between the cars if we get more cars next year we may go back to this
Old 08-08-2014, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by tecnica tech
every year this is brought up I would love to go back to this in the future but for now we are going to keep it as it is. the problem is we dont get enough variation in the show we end up with categories that only have 2 cars or even worse 1 so its not really a compition between the cars if we get more cars next year we may go back to this
I would probably give a dry hand job to you for a best stance category, just saying: it's part of the Subaru community too...
Old 08-08-2014, 01:52 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LOLFUNCTION

/rant
didnt you already win a award for this
Old 08-08-2014, 01:54 AM

didnt you already win a award for this
Win an award for what? I never won at BAM, I beat Brendan at Blox and took home best stance because his car sucks mine off but that's it
Old 08-08-2014, 01:59 AM
VIP Member

you don't read very well do you.

we may have some other awards as well FYI
Old 08-08-2014, 02:12 AM

you don't read very well do you.

OHHHHHHHHHH nope. Sorry
Old 08-08-2014, 01:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn

I updated my post above with the current PayPal 'donation/gift' option. It is as follows:

*** When sending PayPal payment, please select the "I'm sending money to family or friends" option when in the 'Send Money' step.

Make sure the "I will pay the fee" box is checked if paying by credit or debit.

See Rescuer's post (#193) in the main BAM thread for full details on this. ***

Quick Reply: Bam 2014 car show