BAIC CHP Sightings

Old 09-11-2012, 09:38 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Originally Posted by oaklandish_WRX
Guess his boss told him to go play in traffic and he took it literally.
...anything to get more money out of tax payer pockets is the motto now adays i guess.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
Middle of last week: same spot as before on 580 west thru Castro valley . He's parked behind the base of the highway sign near redwood in the total dark of night, all lights off, running radar or lidar. Heaven help the SOB he pulls out in front of in the dark with his lights blazing. Thought they couldn't run fixed spot speed traps after dark?!?! Apologies if this is urban legend.

Sent from my iPhone using i-Club
Old 12-09-2012, 09:37 PM

Car Info: 2008 SSM WRX Premium
Middle of last week: same spot as before on 580 west thru Castro valley . He's parked behind the base of the highway sign near redwood in the total dark of night, all lights off, running radar or lidar. Heaven help the SOB he pulls out in front of in the dark with his lights blazing. Thought they couldn't run fixed spot speed traps after dark?!?! Apologies if this is urban legend.

Sent from my iPhone using i-Club
They can't, that's speed entrapment. Crap part is trying to contest that in court, I got nailed on the Martinez bridge going southbound and a chippie was sitting on the curve with all lights off running lidar. The judge literally said, driving a Subaru huh? Laughed and said you can pay at the front window.....
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
Originally Posted by WRX~Mike
They can't, that's speed entrapment. Crap part is trying to contest that in court, I got nailed on the Martinez bridge going southbound and a chippie was sitting on the curve with all lights off running lidar. The judge literally said, driving a Subaru huh? Laughed and said you can pay at the front window.....
Damn if he was not out there again last night, shifted down a bit behind some small trees, backed up against the sound wall; all dark. there are no street lights in this section.

Is it worth a complaint call to the local (hayward) CHP office to let them know what's up? Sacto HQ?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Damn if he was not out there again last night, shifted down a bit behind some small trees, backed up against the sound wall; all dark. there are no street lights in this section.

Is it worth a complaint call to the local (hayward) CHP office to let them know what's up? Sacto HQ?
hah complaints aren't going to get you anywhere. Its california, we're broke as hell. the only time anyone ever get's paid out is if the cops does something negligent and loses in court. Hell, if i was a CHP i would do the same thing. lol. Just drive safe out there, and think about your situation before speeding. is that extra min worth the time in getting a 3-$400 ticket?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
About a half hour ago, I spotted an all white CHP cruiser "hidden" at the Georgia St. on-ramp of I-80 East in Vallejo. He's tucked in a bit using the barrier of the off-ramp for cover.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by mistaanime
hah complaints aren't going to get you anywhere. Its california, we're broke as hell. the only time anyone ever get's paid out is if the cops does something negligent and loses in court. Hell, if i was a CHP i would do the same thing. lol. Just drive safe out there, and think about your situation before speeding. is that extra min worth the time in getting a 3-$400 ticket?
+1

Keep your horsies on the track
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Today, Mon, 28 JAN @ 0945
I-80 West in Vallejo
I spotted a CHP motorbike getting into his "hiding spot" on the right shoulder at the merge onto I-80W from Hwy-37E.

CHP use the shade of the Hwy-37 overcrossing, esp. in the mid-morning when the shadow is in a perfect spot to help them nab folks who can't help but haul it down the I-80 decline from the Hunter Hill area. Then...

-- -- -- -- --
Today, Mon, 28 JAN @ 1145
I-80 East in Vallejo
CHP cruiser at the top of the onramp of the American Canyon Rd/Hiddenbrooke Pkwy exit

Just before I exited there, I spotted a white WRX sedan coming up in the fastlane. I couldn't see thru your limo tint, but I rolled my windows down to throw a deuce. But more importantly, I gave the slow down signal (palm facing down in push down motion) followed by the cops out/ahead (index finger pointing up twirling in the air) since I had a strong feeling there's be one waiting up there. Luckily, he stayed put.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:23 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
For you folks commuting on 92 W right before the San Mateo Bridge toll plazas, there has been TWO CHP cars parked on the right side near the bushes for the past several days between 6:30pm-7:30pm. One is a regular black/white CHP car with a cop using his speed gun. The second car is a plain white one and he's parked well behind the bushes, so you can only see the black and white one.

This is located right when you're going down the incline/hill near the Clawiter Rd. exit.

There's also another CHP car waiting for you on the other side of the bridge on the right hand side (where the dirt/turn out is).
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
The one in the dirt turnout practically lives there.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:25 PM
VIP Member

Today, Fri, 1 AUG @ 1705
I-80 East in Vallejo
CHP black & white SUV at the top of the onramp of the American Canyon Rd/Hiddenbrooke Pkwy exit.

Again, this is one of their usual spot to nab eastbound speeders along the Vallejo-Fairfield ccorridor.