Anyone out there play woodsball?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 01:51 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT and 06 WRX TR
Anyone out there play woodsball?

Hello everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone out here play woodsball? I just got started playing woodballs and im testing out my new magfed marker. would be cool if a bunch of subie owners come partake in this glorious occasion. Should be fun
Old 11-06-2014, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Old 11-06-2014, 02:50 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Nope sorry, use to play bunker/speed ball back many many years ago. back before they made all the stupid rules about ramping and chipping your markers because whiny little *****es couldn't deal with getting hit 10-15 times...pussies.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:31 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Overbear
Nope sorry, use to play bunker/speed ball back many many years ago. back before they made all the stupid rules about ramping and chipping your markers because whiny little *****es couldn't deal with getting hit 10-15 times...pussies.
You stopped at 10-15 times?!?! You gotten soft in your old age gramps
Old 11-06-2014, 05:24 PM

theres gotta be a few at least. this whole magfed paintball scene seems legit. all the milsim guys will love it. waaaaaay better than airsoft.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
I used to play, but not with magfed markers. Just a hopper and two pods to keep the game going.
If there is ever a group that wants to play, I'd love to join. I like the combination of woodsball/longball with ability to waste paint like in speedball
Old 11-06-2014, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by subysteez
I used to play, but not with magfed markers. Just a hopper and two pods to keep the game going.
If there is ever a group that wants to play, I'd love to join. I like the combination of woodsball/longball with ability to waste paint like in speedball
LOL 2 pods, I played "back corner" So I carried 15-20 pods out, and came back EMPTY (yes that is 1-2 cases of paint a game)
Old 11-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by 04FXTURBO
theres gotta be a few at least. this whole magfed paintball scene seems legit. all the milsim guys will love it. waaaaaay better than airsoft.
I might be down for a woods ball game if you find one that is still going. I hear the shut down bear creek, the one in santa cruz SUCKS, and the one kind of on the way to napa, near sea world...the owner is a total dick.

I still have 2-3 pump markers just need to redo the seals...I wonder if my backup marker still works *ponder*
Old 11-06-2014, 07:08 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by Overbear

LOL 2 pods, I played "back corner" So I carried 15-20 pods out, and came back EMPTY (yes that is 1-2 cases of paint a game)
That's insanity I was a broke highschool kid, scraping together money for mediocre paint and C02 refills lol. I was always jealous of the older guys who had unlimited paint and top notch gear.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by subysteez
That's insanity I was a broke highschool kid, scraping together money for mediocre paint and C02 refills lol. I was always jealous of the older guys who had unlimited paint and top notch gear.
I had a part sponsorship, and played for a pro team (2nd string/backup player) but I did get on ESPN once during the finals down in LA (02?03?) for one game as the regular back twisted his ankle.

After games we use to give any part/opened cases we had left to kids that looked like they needed it.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:00 PM

how about paintball jungle in american canyon? heard a lot of great things in that field.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by 04FXTURBO
how about paintball jungle in american canyon? heard a lot of great things in that field.
Like Overbear said, owner is a dick.

Well, not the owner per say, but the whole hornets/yellow jackets thing... The staff has poor attitude, and too much of a elitist feel.

My cousins and I would go 1-2 times a month, maybe roughly a decade a go. For location its really awesome. It's not expensive really, and having to buy their paint isn't a big deal.

But the staff... Just can't get over that staff. I'd usually get 2-3 of their guys out in the staff vs clients game before getting out myself, and they guys who I tagged would ***** and complain of cheating.

Like how the **** did I cheat? Its paintball. You get shot, you're out. Pretty simple. Anyways, just couldn't deal with their attitude anymore, stopped paint balling.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Like Overbear said, owner is a dick.

Well, not the owner per say, but the whole hornets/yellow jackets thing... The staff has poor attitude, and too much of a elitist feel.

My cousins and I would go 1-2 times a month, maybe roughly a decade a go. For location its really awesome. It's not expensive really, and having to buy their paint isn't a big deal.

But the staff... Just can't get over that staff. I'd usually get 2-3 of their guys out in the staff vs clients game before getting out myself, and they guys who I tagged would ***** and complain of cheating.

Like how the **** did I cheat? Its paintball. You get shot, you're out. Pretty simple. Anyways, just couldn't deal with their attitude anymore, stopped paint balling.
Pretty much this, 8 of us from the Wild Geese(SJ) went there once. No camo we all wore our bright team jerseys and pro slider pants. A bunch of their guys decided to jump into the game on the other side so we went ape on them. After they were *****ing about cheating and how we were overshooting them.

Won't go there again, besides the owner is buddy buddy with Bob Long and that guy is a hard core *****. Just on principle I would avoid it.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:02 AM

really!? i was hoping paintball jungle would be cool as hell.... what other spots can i do woodsball at? i heard antioch has one, santa clara, and a couple of places near sacramento....
Old 11-07-2014, 11:14 AM

Not sure, they use to hold a 24 hour paintball "milsim" game at the old prison in fort Ord, but they ended that years back too as far as I know. Let me hit up a few of my buddies still into the "milball" games and see who is around.

Quick Reply: Anyone out there play woodsball?