Anyone have any recent personal contact with Boardoholic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 06:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Dang this is getting weird
I'm thinking that he might want to be left alone...

I know a lot of people want to contact him to make sure he's OK, but if he's not answering that many phone calls/texts, he might want to be left alone.

stopping by his house talking to his family could possibly be considered weird to them. "oh some internet people wanted to make sure you were fine". a little odd, although i know peoples intentions are for his welfare and well being

it seems that with the phone calls/texts going unanswered, he is aware of them at least. probably want to stop since there is a reason he is not replying.

I guess he doesn't use facebook and posts messages since nobody's mentioned that?

Last edited by Rescuer; 07-29-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:31 AM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Originally Posted by Rescuer
I'm thinking that he might want to be left alone...

I know a lot of people want to contact him to make sure he's OK, but if he's not answering that many phone calls/texts, he might want to be left alone.

stopping by his house talking to his family could possibly be considered weird to them. "oh some internet people wanted to make sure you were fine". a little odd, although i know peoples intentions are for his welfare and well being

it seems that with the phone calls/texts going unanswered, he is aware of them at least. probably want to stop since there is a reason he is not replying.

I guess he doesn't use facebook and posts messages since nobody's mentioned that?
You have it all wrong. Alot of us know Cliff outside of iclub and know he would not just drop off the face of the earth and ignore everyone.

I sent him a text "hey you around" and got no reply. He normally replies right back or within a hour or so. Hell, Ray has known him longer and has got no replies or phone calls from him since back in April.

He does not have FB
Old 07-29-2015, 09:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
I don't really have it "all" wrong

sometimes people just want to be left alone. many people do this in life...

You all can acknowledge that several people have called him and texted him a bunch of times, so the phone number "has received" those messages. they've gone unanswered by him for a reason.

at what point do you stop and say, "ok, he'll get back to us when he feels he wants to" ?

people knocked on his parents house at 850pm, which is dark outside and might catch the occupants off guard.

Cliff gave me his personal address not long ago which is different from the one found on google search/people search. I spoke to ray about it a couple hours ago.

I know peoples intentions are good for wanting to know about his welfare, but at some point it might be pushing it a little too far for somebody who might just want some privacy, that's all i'm saying.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:58 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

You all can acknowledge that several people have called him and texted him a bunch of times, so the phone number "has received" those messages. they've gone unanswered by him for a reason.

at what point do you stop and say, "ok, he'll get back to us when he feels he wants to" ?

people knocked on his parents house at 850pm, which is dark outside and might catch the occupants off guard.

Cliff gave me his personal address not long ago which is different from the one found on google search/people search. I spoke to ray about it a couple hours ago.

I know peoples intentions are good for wanting to know about his welfare, but at some point it might be pushing it a little too far for somebody who might just want some privacy, that's all i'm saying.
I've been friends with Cliff for over 10 years. He's spent time at my house. He knows my kid. He's spent time at the cabin. I snowboard with him on the regular. Hell we snowboard together enough that I've run in to him in places most people don't go on days I didn't even know he was riding the same mountain as me.

He's my friend and I care about him.

I lost contact with him a couple months ago. It's not normal for him.

For a dude that works in search and rescue I can't wrap my head around why you're coming at it this way. For one thing... it's a sensitive subject for many of us... clearly... and if it's your opinion it may have been better left unsaid in this case.

I'll continue searching for my friend until I hear back from someone. Even if that means he calls me and says... dude... chill the f out. I'm fine. Just need some space. I appreciate the updated address. I'll either go there myself or send someone out.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 2015 ISM STI Limited
has anyone had a chance to swing by yet? i dont personally know him but he's helped me out in the past with questions and what not and hope for the best.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:22 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6

No way man. Cliff, a busy man, but easily reachable, this is not him. He'd have to completely change to just ignore us and walk away cold turkey.

We aren't just some internet friends. Like Ray, Cliff has had dinner with my house 3 times and stayed the night I think twice now. He done multiple non meet ski trips with guys on this board. His emails about BAM slow down in Feb/March? Yes, but that doesn't mean he just decided to forget us all.

He's passed away, found that latina he's been dreaming about, in a coma, out of the country or has amnesia. Like any other scenario is just super slim.

If anyone in his family says he wants to be left alone, we'll leave him be. Until then some of us are definitely going to find out what's happened.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6

It's been a month since I noticed his lack of communication. The past few weeks I've been. Pretty worried, so I wanted this thread to see if anyone had contact.

Last few days I just tear up while I drive to and from work. I'm an emotional mess right now. I'm tearing up right now, just thinking about possibly having lost Cliff months ago, and never even having ever known because his family doesn't know we exist. These are the thoughts I've been having. Going through some old photos of him. Can't help it. I need a sign of his existence, or some information of his demise.

Something... Anything...
Old 07-30-2015, 01:29 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
I'm gonna go by an address I got from stg2lgcy Jeff tonight. Ill update tomorrow morning.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:14 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
It's been a month since I noticed his lack of communication. The past few weeks I've been. Pretty worried, so I wanted this thread to see if anyone had contact.

Last few days I just tear up while I drive to and from work. I'm an emotional mess right now. I'm tearing up right now, just thinking about possibly having lost Cliff months ago, and never even having ever known because his family doesn't know we exist. These are the thoughts I've been having. Going through some old photos of him. Can't help it. I need a sign of his existence, or some information of his demise.

Something... Anything...
Cant think of the worst, gotta stay positive!
Old 07-30-2015, 11:38 AM

Just went by the other Vallejo address. No answer left a note. Just a Honda Odyssey. Single newspaper in the driveway.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester XT
I keep checking this daily hope for some news. I really hope everything is ok.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
If someone gets me a full name, I can check with some special contacts to see what they can find.

I don't know Cliff. Nor have I met many of you, although I expect to tomorrow at BAM, your efforts to find your friend are touching.

I want to help out in some way.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:07 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
I have also not got any text back or anything I invited him to my wedding but never got a rsvp or a text. Hoping he is ok. He also might be in the PI
Old 08-01-2015, 10:58 PM

Although my guess was hes in the Phillipines, I think we would've heard at least once.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
I have also not got any text back or anything I invited him to my wedding but never got a rsvp or a text. Hoping he is ok. He also might be in the PI
When. I know for damn sure he would have replied to you man.

That really bums me out.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any recent personal contact with Boardoholic?