Another Steven's Creek Subaru hater for life...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by Simonster
damn i don't even know you and im pretty god damn sure a good guy in my book. op should calm down, its just 150 bucks lol. just chalk it up as a life lesson and move along.
agreed. done. =) I just was very frustrated obviously.

It wasn't the $, it was the principal of the matter, because I didn't get the troubleshooting checklist that should be there.

I seriously still am not even certain that my car was even looked at, at all. There was no evidence to show anything the tech went through.

From Unit 91's responses, it seems as though he should be a manager there and not just of the parts dep't.

Lesson learned.

Thanks for everyone's advice, I really do appreciate it.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by NorCalPaintball
agreed. done. =) I just was very frustrated obviously.

It wasn't the $, it was the principal of the matter, because I didn't get the troubleshooting checklist that should be there.

I seriously still am not even certain that my car was even looked at, at all. There was no evidence to show anything the tech went through.

From Unit 91's responses, it seems as though he should be a manager there and not just of the parts dep't.

Lesson learned.

Thanks for everyone's advice, I really do appreciate it.

I agree on this point. There should be a print out. No print out no pay... unless of course you're standing right there and watch them do the tests.

Otherwise why not take in more work than you can handle and just say you did the work and charge for it... sounds like a great sham to me. (Not saying this is the case)

You have every right to be upset with the way you were treated and the lack of results.

If they had on the other hand handed you a print out and said... couldn't find the problem. Do you want to try this this and this... it'll cost you this... And you said... he no results I'm not paying for that. I'd say you were out of luck. You pay for the tests/time even if the issue is not resolved. That's why diagnostic work sucks for customers. Might find it in 8 minutes, might take 8 hours.

But in this case it sounds like your frustration is justified. I wouldn't have paid. In fact I would bring it up with the service MANAGER and tell them you'd like to see a print out of the work or get a full refund.

As for taking it out on Unit and expecting him to bash the place he works... that's just stupid. Ryan is about as solid a dude as I've met. He treats all of us iclubers really well and he's tried to make an impact within SC subaru in improving them and their participation with enthusiasts.

He'd be am idiot if he openly slammed the place of his employment. Would you do that?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:59 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by brucelee
I've had many bad experiences with Stevens Creek in my 11+ years here, but since Ryan started working there things really have changed.

Unit 91 has been a member here looooooooooooooooooong before he worked for Stevens Creek. Ryan, you don't have to defend SC here man, we know you're a really good guy and for those of us who know you personally we will continue to come to you for our parts.
werd...

But I think his statements were accurate. He was just trying to help the dude out and at the same time make management aware of an issue that may need fixing... win win.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:11 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
I actually am the Parts Manager here, but I take issues with any department seriously. It's part of the job. That and I happen to actually take pride in my work and enjoy being able to sleep at night knowing I do the right thing.

Just so you're aware, this has been discussed with the service manager, a copy of the thread has been printed and we're taking it to the GM. I don't stand for this kind of stuff where I can help it. I also keep my word.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Unit 91
I actually am the Parts Manager here, but I take issues with any department seriously. It's part of the job. That and I happen to actually take pride in my work and enjoy being able to sleep at night knowing I do the right thing.

Just so you're aware, this has been discussed with the service manager, a copy of the thread has been printed and we're taking it to the GM. I don't stand for this kind of stuff where I can help it. I also keep my word.

Awesome!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:20 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Service department aside, Ryan (Unit 91) is the ****. Hes always been extremely helpful whether its over the forums, the phone or in real life.

@OP - If Capitol also ends up not figuring out the problem or if the parts are too expensive, just tune the code out. Infact that might be the cheapest route haha.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Unit 91

This is what I was talking about....

If someone offers to help and get a possible issue resolved.... do it. It's better for you, the company and the other customers coming after you.

Good job!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
+1 for the techs/ vendors on here. You can be assured that you will get good work from them. The word always gets around on here about service and what not.. And alot of their business come from people on this forum.. I only got to Stevens creek when I need a part because they beat other dealerships prices or WHEN Anthony worked there....
Old 10-13-2011, 10:35 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by brucelee
Awesome!
X2 for awesome
Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 AM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Service department aside, Ryan (Unit 91) is the ****. Hes always been extremely helpful whether its over the forums, the phone or in real life.

@OP - If Capitol also ends up not figuring out the problem or if the parts are too expensive, just tune the code out. Infact that might be the cheapest route haha.
I was worried bout tuning the code out.

Will there be any issues? I didn't want to mask any other potential issue. Will there be smog concerns?

And to be clear, I wasn't trying to personally bash Ryan (maybe just a couple of his comments), I was trying to point out major issues with the practice of the shop itself, and no, I wasn't expecting him to bash his place of employment.

Also, Capitol said they would take however long it's required to find the source of the problem, whether 3 minutes or 3 days, same price. Then, if/when the source of the issue is identified, I'll take it from there...

thanks again for everyone's help/advice, sincerely appreciated.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:51 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 AM
General Pimpin'

I was worried bout tuning the code out.

Will there be any issues? I didn't want to mask any other potential issue. Will there be smog concerns?

And to be clear, I wasn't trying to personally bash Ryan (maybe just a couple of his comments), I was trying to point out major issues with the practice of the shop itself, and no, I wasn't expecting him to bash his place of employment.

Also, Capitol said they would take however long it's required to find the source of the problem, whether 3 minutes or 3 days, same price. Then, if/when the source of the issue is identified, I'll take it from there...

thanks again for everyone's help/advice, sincerely appreciated.
Capitol is SC's direct competition. You tell them you came from there they'll tell you anything to get your business. Wife and I went back and forth between them when we bought our Forester.

What they tell you and what happens can be completely different.

Make very sure you stay on top of that paperwork. Get it in WRITING that they are agreeing to do the tests without upping your price. Otherwise they'll get to a certain point and you'll end up with a different person handling you and they'll say... well that person isn't here and I don't see anywhere where we're agreeing to do more work for free so you'll have to pay $XXX.

Get it in writing or it don't mean ****.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:24 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
poor Stevens Creek
Old 10-13-2011, 11:42 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Make them write it in blood.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:12 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
There's no problem with any shop charging money for diagnostic time; you have a problem, we have the expertise to solve it, you pay us for our our time/expertise.

That being said, there's no reason to pay for a mis-diagnose.

If your car has a DTC present, a competent tech will follow Subaru's diag flow chart until the root cause is found. If no root cause is found, you don't pay.

Pretty ****ing simple, if you ask me.

Quick Reply: Another Steven's Creek Subaru hater for life...