2014 NFL Free Agent and Draft discussion...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 12:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I think they'd be more likely to go after Murray or even Lynch.

I honestly think it was a crap trade for both parties. Buffalo already had 4 pretty good Running backs last year and could only muster 98 yards a game. They're issues are with the offensive line, a young iffy QB and weak WR's. Not running backs. It was very stupid on Buffalo's part.

For the Eagles... they freed up money so now they can play in the free agent market but they still have a QB issue and now they have an RB hole they literally can only fill with 1-3 guys in the NFL. I think they could have gotten a lot more bang for the buck trading up to the 3rd/4th pick in the draft. They still would have cleared the space, they could have landed a QB and they probably still could have picked up an RB with a 3rd/4th round pick and maybe brought back Bryce Brown for cheap... hell... or just grabbed McFadden.
Kelly's system appears to be, no strong personalities and downfield play. His whole system is designed to go downfield. He doesn't want a RB who dances in the backfield with the threat of losing yards every time he touches a ball. I don't think he cares if they only gained a yard, that's a yard closer to a first down.

I'm a little shocked, but not that much. My shock mostly goes to, this happened now. I was expecting him to be traded during the draft to be honest. Maybe Alonso proves to be the stud run stuffing, pass defending LB to balance out Kendricks, only time will tell.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:26 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Value of people coming from injury is hit or miss. You hope they are back to their original self, but not everyone is AP who comes back and set records.

I don't think Foles is the man, he definitely didn't look good and had a down slide once people had film on him, maybe the idea is Philly tries and strengthens the defense and McCoy really is expendable.

Oregon has always had chunks of yard on the run, McCoy seemed to fit that fold and I think they can pick up a cheap back anywhere. It's a passing and defense league now.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Value of people coming from injury is hit or miss. You hope they are back to their original self, but not everyone is AP who comes back and set records.

I don't think Foles is the man, he definitely didn't look good and had a down slide once people had film on him, maybe the idea is Philly tries and strengthens the defense and McCoy really is expendable.

Oregon has always had chunks of yard on the run, McCoy seemed to fit that fold and I think they can pick up a cheap back anywhere. It's a passing and defense league now.
sure... In the regular season.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:56 PM

Torrey Smith possibly a Niner?

Kaep needs someone who can turn on the burners deep, and lets hope this passing attack improves.

In other news, since Gore is out, who is behind Hyde?
Old 03-08-2015, 08:07 PM

Suh going to Miami for some ridiculous amount of money.

I would have thought he a Raider, but that $$ amount is not worth it. Watt should and still be the highest paid defensive linemen in the game.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Way too much for suh.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Way too much for suh.
He's worth it, but Miami roster is going to get destroyed for it.

Raiders could have got him for more, front loaded it easy with tons of cash to spare.

Oh well...
Old 03-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Old School

Wow!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Old School

Jimmy Graham to Seattle... and the pain keeps pouring on 49ers fans

Alonso for McCoy offcial

Foles for Bradford and some picks are swapped - I think Bradford is good. He needs a better OL.

Raiders signed former Superbowl MVP Smith. Great pick up, esp if he plays MLB

Torrey Smith to SF - 5Yrs, 40million
Old 03-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Old School

Jake Locker is retiring
Old 03-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Should just start a new 2015 thread
Old 03-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by The Law
Should just start a new 2015 thread
Not my thread... Maybe a Mod can edit?
Old 03-12-2015, 09:43 PM

A lot of big moves, I think Murray got overpaid in Philly, dudes been injury prone besides last year when he was the leading rusher.

Suh got overpaid, Raiders are smart let Miami blow it on him, but I still don't think they added enough. Could have chased after a lot of key pieces. Del Rio is definitely adding defensive talent. Raiders right now were the folks agents added to bump the price tag up, unfortunately.

Graham to Seattle is interesting, Unger was out more then half the year and Russell is still extremely elusive. Seattle gave up a conditional 1st round pick for 2016's draft.

Niners are in the toilet bowl, they already threw the towel in after Harbaugh shipped. Bowman, Borland, Brooks, Aldon aren't a bad combo.

Colts got the weapons for Luck now, some veterans. They need the defensive pieces to get solid.

Browner and Revis ship towns off the Pats, defense is defense, hard to scheme that kinda stuff.

Amendola restructuring contract to stay with the Pats, it's interesting on that part that many of them are in line with taking cuts for the team.

Revis still has it and got paid for it. Corners are next in line with $$ behind QBs WRs due to the league going pass.

I wonder where Ray Rice and Peterson land, they're flying under the radar.