2014 NFL Free Agent and Draft discussion...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Looks like it's official... he's a Redskin.

Interesting that they didn't even check in to what the police had to say. I don't think he would have been happy in Oakland and he would have been a distraction. I'd rather see them draft someone and develop them.

All I know is the skins are gonna be scary if they can put any kind of defense on the field at all.

Garcon is dope. I'd expect his catch numbers to drop but but his yards will probably end up the same as more defensive pressure will shift over to Djax.

Andre Roberts is legit.

Santa Moss is still there as a stable 3.

Robinson has some potential. Morgan is a decent depth receiver. Be interesting to see which of the young guys they keep... or if they keep them all and drop Morgan.

Reed looks legit.

A healthy Morris with Helu changing up the pace. That offense is going to put up some big big plays.

RG3 will have ZERO excuses this year. If he wins the starting job he needs to put up close to 4000 yards this year with a few more on the ground.

They're scary.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Looks like it's official... he's a Redskin.

Interesting that they didn't even check in to what the police had to say. I don't think he would have been happy in Oakland and he would have been a distraction. I'd rather see them draft someone and develop them.

All I know is the skins are gonna be scary if they can put any kind of defense on the field at all.

Garcon is dope. I'd expect his catch numbers to drop but but his yards will probably end up the same as more defensive pressure will shift over to Djax.

Andre Roberts is legit.

Santa Moss is still there as a stable 3.

Robinson has some potential. Morgan is a decent depth receiver. Be interesting to see which of the young guys they keep... or if they keep them all and drop Morgan.

Reed looks legit.

A healthy Morris with Helu changing up the pace. That offense is going to put up some big big plays.

RG3 will have ZERO excuses this year. If he wins the starting job he needs to put up close to 4000 yards this year with a few more on the ground.

They're scary.
I'm not really scared. Their receivers are all small and their offensive line is still questionable. We'll see when the season starts. But the team that improved in the off season was the Giants. As far as NFC East teams go.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:27 PM
General Pimpin'

They just seem balanced to me.

You got Morris and helu to run at you all day. Both those dudes bring about 215 pounds at you.

Then you've got RG3 hopefully less mobile but still mobile to worry about.

Then you've got Reed who looks legit in the middle and can stretch safeties out to clear space under for Moss.

Desean is a flyer but yeah he's short... 5'10 on a good day.

Garcon is 6 foot 210 or so. He's able to go deep but those 15-25 yarders are his bread and butter.

Roberts is a sure handed 3.

But yeah they definitely have a type there for some damned reason. I think every receiver they have is 5'10 except for Garcon and Bellamy at 6 foot and Bellamy is a special teams player.

Only tall guys they have are their TE's.

I figure as long as Morris, Reed and their 1-4 WR's are healthy they'll be solid.

Probably draft O line with their first pick in the second round. Filo or Moses. That'll give them another decent offensive lineman to help out.

And they can go defense in the 3rd and 4th rounds and probably still get some starters. If they're smart they'll take the safety out of Stanford in the 3rd round if he's still there. I think that dude is ready to start right now.

As far as NY...
They got a lot better on defense with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Ayers along with some DB's. And a couple solid LB's.

Got a little better on special teams.

Offense though...
I think they got worse at RB. Jennings is good. They better hope that Hillis steps his game back up to where it was. The line got better for sure.

Randle is decent but you're talking about 65 catches probably unless he has a year 3 explosion.

Victor Cruz is solid but I see him as a really good 2 and reasonable 1. He's a 75-85 catch dude. He might get low 90's but I doubt it.

Manningham is over rated. He's gonna catch like 60% of the ***** you throw at him. He's good for 35 catches this year maybe 45.

Myers is a decent TE.

And Manning has never been all THAT good. He's been a decent QB and he's sliding... quick. Dude through 27 INT's last year. You don't just all of a sudden throw 6 the next year.

I think he goes for 4000 yards again this year... maybe. 20TD's. 20INTs.

The giants are garbage.

It's like they think they're offense is good so they ignored it and focused on defense. The defense will be a lot better but the offense sucks.

They're only hope is that Jennings is a beast in the rough and drops 1400 yards this season. Seriously... if they have to pass a lot they're gonna have 1 tired defense.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Redskins just signed Colt McCoy.

So....
RG3
Cousins
McCoy

No 1st round draft picks....

I think RG3 is the main reason DJax signed there. That and a big middle finger to Oakland and SF for calling the cops.

Think they're just feeling out McCoy or you think they're gonna package up some picks with Cousins and try to get a 1st round pick? Either way Grossman is gone.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:31 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan

And Manning has never been all THAT good. He's been a decent QB and he's sliding... quick. Dude through 27 INT's last year. You don't just all of a sudden throw 6 the next year.

I think he goes for 4000 yards again this year... maybe. 20TD's. 20INTs.
Yeah, there is no way that he all of a sudden drops to only 6 INT's this year as the lowest number he has ever thrown in his career was 9 back in his Rookie Season.

However, I would suspect based on his track record that there will be a drop in INT's this year. He has now hit 3 years of throwing for 20 INT's+ in his career. The first two times he did it, the next two years he dropped back into the mid teens. I would suspect this year he throws something about 15-17 INT's which would be a fairly significant drop from where he was last year.

Eli Manning: Career Stats at NFL.com
Old 04-03-2014, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Giants fixed one of their main problems last year, Offensive Line. Giving Eli a couple more seconds to throw will result in fewer picks. We'll see how it pans out, but that's what they focused on in the offseason as well.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Redskins just signed Colt McCoy.
Niners have Gabbert and Kaepernick, I think they draft a QB late rounds.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Niners have Gabbert and Kaepernick, I think they draft a QB late rounds.
I think you're right. My money is on the kid from San Jose State. He's actually one of my favorite QB's in this draft. I'd love for Oakland to get him but I think he'll develop better somewhere like S.F. I would not be surprised to see him sit back there and learn for a few years and end up somewhere else in a few years as a backup and then a starter. I really think if he got the chance he's got what it takes to start.

If he had alabama or FSU or UCLA next to his name he'd be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Prospect takeaways: Rams, Falcons in on Robinson? - NFL.com

"7. Jadeveon Clowney has never been on a losing team and doesn't plan to start now. "Hopefully we turn that program around," he said of whoever picks him. "... The most games I lost in one season was three ... and I've been playing since I was six years old. And I don't want to lose. I hate losing, and I'll do anything to win a game."

I think this guy could be really good, but that last bit now makes me think that if he gets popped for Steroid use or something else it won't really be surprising based on that comment.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by flukewrx
Prospect takeaways: Rams, Falcons in on Robinson? - NFL.com

"7. Jadeveon Clowney has never been on a losing team and doesn't plan to start now. "Hopefully we turn that program around," he said of whoever picks him. "... The most games I lost in one season was three ... and I've been playing since I was six years old. And I don't want to lose. I hate losing, and I'll do anything to win a game."

I think this guy could be really good, but that last bit now makes me think that if he gets popped for Steroid use or something else it won't really be surprising based on that comment.
That's probably a bit of a stretch but I wouldn't be surprised if ANYONE gets caught using something.

But saying that... he's more of a speed player at his position than a power guy. Dude is 6'6 and about 260 pounds. Dude needs to be on the right team to be successful. He'd do well in a scheme like S.F. runs. Him bulking up on roids would be a bad idea.

Just saw this take on the Raiders draft...
Raiders complete mock draft | CSN Bay Area

All I know is if they draft like that I'll be stoked. That'll be about the best draft I could imagine for them.

Mack is my favorite pick for them at the 5 slot.
Kelvin Benjamin is one of my favorite WR's in the draft.

Those 2 guys alone would make me happy. Instant upgrades and instant starters on both sides of the ball.

Kareem Martin in the 3rd was someone I called out at least a month ago. I really like the dude. 6'6' 270. Dude had a beast of a senior year. Improved all 4 years he played. He could reasonably have playing time all season and be a solid starter by next season... and a star by his 3rd season.

Rashaad Reynolds is a great pick in the 4th. He's a little on the short side of a modern CB but he makes up for it with speed and agility. And he's a solid locker room guy. Great great pick up in the 4th round. A rosterable and useful player right off the bat.

The 7th round picks all make sense as well. The only thing I would add is that if the kid from San Jose St. is available they should take him. But he'll probably be off the board in the mid to late 5th round. If the Raiders trade down out of the 5 slot and draft a little lower in the first round and pick up a few more picks in the mid rounds I could see them taking him in the late 4th early 5th round.

This is the first round up I've seen that pretty much agrees with me top to bottom and points out that QB is the least of their worries right now. They can snag one next year if Shaub bombs and next year there are 3-4 first round picks that could change the franchise for them.

Only thing I could see being different is if they slide an offensive lineman in there somewhere.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:44 PM

With the 5th overall pick of the 2014 draft, Oakland Raiders select LB Khalil Mack.

Hope he gets trained well.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Johnny Football a Cleveland Brown, with the 22nd overall.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by iLoqin
With the 5th overall pick of the 2014 draft, Oakland Raiders select LB Khalil Mack.

Hope he gets trained well.
He's a beast. He will play opposite Sio Moore who turned out to be a stand out LB.

With Woodley, Tuck, Mack, Moore, Roach and I think Simms... Its a totally different front line.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
I was a fan of keeping Palmer but I'm glad he's with a better team. I think what he did with so little was remarkable. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

The Schaub deal is one year. He sucks he's done. He's good he gets a 3-4 year contract.

More than likely they'll draft a QB sometime in the 2-5 round depending on who's available.

Boyd is someone they seemed to like and he is like a 4th rounder. Zac is a 2nd rounder with first round talent and 5th round history. David Fales is someone they could get in the 5th round probably.

With Schaub essentially being an experiment who can help develop McGloin they could take a flyer on someone like Fales this year and see if he works out.

Pryor is a ridiculous talent and I'd hate to see him gone but I just don't see the Raiders as capable of developing him. Maybe Philly, S.F. or New Orleans.
I hope Fales gets drafted. He was my quarterback in High School, its pretty crazy seeing how far hes come!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:07 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by runboyrun
I hope Fales gets drafted. He was my quarterback in High School, its pretty crazy seeing how far hes come!
That's rad. He will. He gets a lot of flack because he went to a small school and has smaller hands. But I personally have him as one of the better pro QB's in the draft. Lets not forget how well the other SJ State QB did. (Was my buddies high school and college QB) LOL!

I'd like to see him end up somewhere like NE, GB or even Pitt. Somewhere that has a good QB in place and a solid system in place. A place he can spend the next couple years adjusting and getting playing time here and there. A place he could work in to the starter... well that won't happen in GB but he could learn a lot there.

I hope Oakland gets him but that would probably be bad for his career. LOL!

but he will get drafted. That's a no brainer. I've seen him on boards in the 7th but I've also seen him as high as the 5th.

Quick Reply: 2014 NFL Free Agent and Draft discussion...