2014 NFL Free Agent and Draft discussion...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 10:24 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Just looking at the picks.
49ers have 12picks : 1,2,2,3,3,4,5,6,7,7,7,7

It's amazing how they acquire so many.

Raiders who have 7picks : 1,2,3,4,6,7,7.
The extra 3rd is a compensatory pick for losing a few guys the last two years for big money while only signing one at a decent price.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:03 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Wilfork stays for 3 at 22.5mil.

Jones-Drew Visits Oakland.
Story comes out that Allen turned down Oakland who was top in $$ offer.
Veldheer describes Reggie as not going after him enough.

Sidenote....

What the hell? Miguel Cabrera to the Tigers for 8year $248? How do these guys sign these monster contracts? That's on average $31mil/year. I mean how can you look down the line 8 years and hope your man is still worth $31mil a year?!

Yea I know, contracts rarely hit the final year because of signings/trade and other teams pick up the rest, etc. But still... Pretty amazing.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:17 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Got schaub. I'm happy.

Draft a QB, cut Pryor. Maybe keep McGloin or cut him too.

I don't like Vick or freeman. Schaub has 1 bad year, I think he can easily bounce back.
Matt Shlaub is not an NFL caliber QB. He might lead you to a Winston pick at best. Think back to the Pats playoff game and how he imploded because of his decision making. Just not seeing all this optimism in him.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by FXTbrah

Matt Shlaub is not an NFL caliber QB. He might lead you to a Winston pick at best. Think back to the Pats playoff game and how he imploded because of his decision making. Just not seeing all this optimism in him.
He's got several NFL seasons and a melt down season.

A crushing blow to confidence can do that. Of he's even 80% of 2012, that's way better than what we got.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:25 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Johnny Football reminds Jerry Rice of a young Steve Young. That's an interesting comparison.

Jerry Rice: Johnny Manziel reminds me of Steve Young - NFL.com
Old 03-27-2014, 10:43 PM
White Lightning

Car Info: Built, 6-Speed, E85, #pluskey 06 Wagon
Jared Allen to the bears.
If we address our DB situation in the draft, I think Chicago is going to be a pretty good team this year.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:40 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Looks like MJD to Oakland
Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
What makes you say he isn't NFL caliber?

What if I told you he has a better career completion % than Tom Brady?

Because he does. IT's the 6th highest career % among active players.

He's also sitting at 9th in passer rating of active QBs right now with 89.8

That's not NFL caliber to you?

Sure the Texans were terrible last year but that's not all on Schaub. They had big time running game issues and their play calling wasn't exactly great.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Desean Jackson has been released.

And not very long after 2 associates of his were arrested on murder charges and gang involvement. A source says he was also cutting meetings to hang out with friends. http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/03...n-jackson.html

Hopefully the Eagles can address this loss in the draft. Love to get Benjamin from FSU.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Old School

Throwing deuces on instagram photos is not throwing a crip gang sign... The NJ.com article is crazy over the top.

I think some old, white execs just ****ed up big time. DeSean might have some real gangster friends... so what? Doesn't make him one at all.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by reign_

Sure the Texans were terrible last year but that's not all on Schaub. They had big time running game issues and their play calling wasn't exactly great.
Their play calling is really bad. I read he had no way to call audibles. How the **** do you make adjustments at the line?!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:22 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by reign_

And Manning broke all sorts of records last year and got demolished in the playoffs. Stat padding doesn't mean ****. RG3s numbers are also inflated because of garbage time completions. Schlaub rode a stacked team to the playoffs and when his defense/running game took a hit, he showed he wasn't capable of leading a team to wins. He was a liability on his own team. Ofcouse anyone that watched him during his successful seasons could see that. Hes a backup QB at best.

I'll eat crow at the end of this season if he shows he can bounce back but a QB declining in age/skill level isn't someone I'd bet on to lead Raiders to the promised land in a competitive AFCW.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 03-28-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:25 PM
General Pimpin'

And Manning broke all sorts of records last year and got demolished in the playoffs. Stat padding doesn't mean ****. RG3s numbers are also inflated because of garbage time completions. Schlaub rode a stacked team to the playoffs and when his defense/running game took a hit, he showed he wasn't capable of leading a team to wins. He was a liability on his own team. Ofcouse anyone that watched him during his successful seasons could see that. Hes a backup QB at best.

I'll eat crow at the end of this season if he shows he can bounce back but a QB declining in age/skill level isn't someone I'd bet on to lead Raiders to the promised land in a competitive AFCW.
You must not have watched the same season or super bowl that I watched.

It wasn't Manning that collapsed in the super bowl. It was the ENTIRE TEAM. They were out coached and out played at every level. The only people on the damned team that looked like they were there to play were Manning, Thomas and Welker. They were in his face every play because there was ZERO run game. Something they have to fix if they want any chance in hell this year. And the defense was a no show. Special teams sucked. Etc.

Manning set records all season and I could have told you the result of the super bowl before they got there. They are not a complete team.

Stat padding isn't what happened. In fact he shut it down on a regular basis for pretty much the entire second half of the season. The team got outplayed. That's what happened.

As for Schaub... you don't "stat pad" for your entire career. I seriously don't know wtf you're talking about here with even throwing that term in either of these cases. Or putting RG3 in there at all.

RG3 had a decent rookie season and had a rough season coming off the knee surgery. Not sure how he was "padding" his stats in "garbage" time. He is averaging about 3200 yards a season passing. It's not like he was throwing for 250 yards in the 4th quarter of blow outs. Last year as the season progressed he passed less and less.

Shaub... He's not the top QB in the NFL but he's no back up on most teams. He's gone for over 4000 yards the last 3 16 game seasons he's played. He's 32. It's not like he's 38 and trying this. Last season was a complete fall off the tracks for that entire team.

Tate played in 14 games and the dude is suppose to be the stud of the year and he went for less than 800 yards. Foster played in 8 and went for 550.

So they're best running back gets hurt.
Owen Daniels gets hurt and misses essentially the whole season.
Andre Johnson was fighting injuries all season and still did decent. The rest of the receivers are decent at best. Hopkins is more of a 3 than a true 2. They need help there big time if they want to be able to pass.

The play calling was insane for most of the season. Probably the worst in the NFL. They also had one of the hardest schedules in the NFL.

Case Keenum was the guy they brought in to take over. They're making this move and committing to him and they did right by Schaub by moving him instead of sticking him on the bench.

If he can stay healthy for 16 games I'll be surprised as hell if he's under 4100 yards.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM
General Pimpin'

As for leading them to the "promised" land. I think anyone can see they're nowhere near that. He's a good guy to have in there right now. He gives them a chance to win and a stable presence at QB.

But they're not going to win the AFC West or make the playoffs until Manning retires.

They've got another touch season ahead of them. If they're smart with their money and their picks they'll have a chance to move to the top of the AFC West heap in 2-3 years.

That's when Manning will be gone. The Chiefs are looking good for a while because they have a solid defense and run game. But they need help at WR/TE. Couple years is when Charles might be gone or might start tailing down. Rivers will be 35 and on his way down.

So for they're still going to be "rebuildling" for the next 2 seasons. They need to start building some in house talent. Shaub just makes them competitive and stable.

I don't see him passing for 5000 yards and leading them to the super bowl. But that's not what he's there for. He will pass for 4000-4400 and probably have a QB rating in the low 90's.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:01 PM
White Lightning

Car Info: Built, 6-Speed, E85, #pluskey 06 Wagon
desean jackson is guilty by association.

and his friend shot that kid a while ago...one was acquitted and the other got 15 to life

Quick Reply: 2014 NFL Free Agent and Draft discussion...