2014 NFL Free Agent and Draft discussion...

Old 03-16-2014, 09:21 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
What? I thought Nicks went to Indy, Broncos signed Sanders and Pats signed Lafell?
Whoops, gotta fix my error. I meant Broncos and Sanders deal with the whole "agreed" commotion.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:28 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
They definitely have a lot of weapons between the two teams now but a lot of these guys were barely 2nd-3rd options with questionable hands on struggling teams.

Watched pretty much every Steeler game the last two years and Sanders was very hit or miss and benefited from having Wallace leave, Heath get injured, terrible run game and Antonio Brown draw the best corners.

Still I suppose its good depth if they can afford them for the inevitable injuries.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:46 PM

Anthony Dixon signs with the Buffalo Bills, wish him the best luck. He was fun to have around, great special teams guy.

Via 49ers.com

Luckily the 49ers have a strong backfield. Gore/Hunter/LaMichael (dude where was this guy on offense?)/Lattimore
Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 PM

James Jones signs a 3yr $11.3mil contract with the Raiders.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Wish the niners had some more cap space. I'm good with keeping Boldin and Dawson, that was neccesary. The J. Martin thing will be interesting and Blaine Gabbert lol. Decent backup I guess

Broncos are spending so much damn money. See they just signed Emanuel Sanders to a 3 yr. 18Mil Contract.

What is that now, like 66 Million in a week they spent? Want to bolster their team so they can give Peyton a super bowl before he retires I guess
Old 03-18-2014, 01:59 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
How the heck do the Broncos have so much Cap Space that they can make all of the moves they have made and still be under budget when so many other teams seem absolutely crammed up against theirs?

I guess people are really bad with their money and the deals for their players, but it seems like the Broncos were able to throw a lot more money than I would have expected them to be able to offer.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:09 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Releasing Chris Cuper and Champ Bailey freed up enough to pick up Ware and Ward. They also lost Decker and had enough to pickup Talib. The rest of the contracts were nothing special with small cap hits and enough guaranteed money for 2 years tops. They also had about 20million cap space to start with.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Raiders just signed Brown and Woodson. Makes them a lot more stable in the secondary.

They actually seem to be making some reasonable choices these days.

They should be able to whatever the hell they want in the draft this year. An O.T. would be smart. Mack would be incredibly smart. Watkins wouldn't be a horrible choice. Trading down would not be a bad choice.

I seriously hope Mack falls to them and they take him. Or the trade down. And I really hope they sign the kid from SJ State. I've been saying all along, that kid is the sleepy QB in the draft. People are starting to notice since he lit it up at his pro day. Probably just moved himself up from a 6 round pick to a 4-5 round pick. Reminds me of Brady.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:24 PM

Not tryin' to ruin your mood.. but Woodson was mediocre at best from what I saw last year. Dude back there for a year is just collecting a paycheck, he's not that good anymore.

As for the arms race, I think Jared Allen is going to sign with Seattle. He's also on the down turn and has a chance to cash in for a Superbowl Ring.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:13 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Got schaub. I'm happy.

Draft a QB, cut Pryor. Maybe keep McGloin or cut him too.

I don't like Vick or freeman. Schaub has 1 bad year, I think he can easily bounce back.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:21 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Got schaub. I'm happy.

Draft a QB, cut Pryor. Maybe keep McGloin or cut him too.

I don't like Vick or freeman. Schaub has 1 bad year, I think he can easily bounce back.
I agree... except I'd try to convert Pryor to a WR. That dude is explosive.

Schaub has had 3 4000 yard seasons. Nearly went for 5000 once. He didn't have much help last year and he was fighting injury. I think he's better than what we have. McGloin doesn't deserve to get cut. He did really well for having such limited practice and play time before he jumped in. He earned his spot 100%. Hell... I think he should be allowed to fight for the start. Worst it can do is keep Schaub fired up and get him more snaps if Schaub fails.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Not tryin' to ruin your mood.. but Woodson was mediocre at best from what I saw last year. Dude back there for a year is just collecting a paycheck, he's not that good anymore.

As for the arms race, I think Jared Allen is going to sign with Seattle. He's also on the down turn and has a chance to cash in for a Superbowl Ring.
It's not all about stats man. Look what happened in Green Bay last year. You don't think loosing him had a negative effect on that defense? Was he all the reason... nope. They had some injuries and the offense wasn't effective half the season. But having someone like Woodson on this Raiders team is critical. He's a leader. He's got a great work ethic. He is smart as hell. The Raiders could even draft a killer safety this year and he'd have 1-2 years working with Woodson learning the game.

Dude was in on 100 tackles. Had a couple sacks. 3 forced fumbles. 2 fumble recoveries. 1 INT. 3 pass deflected.

His job last year was not to run around taking risks and picking off *****. He didn't have much help in the secondary last year. So what he did was play smart and play effective. If you think he was mediocre at best then you didn't watch him as much as I did. I played Safety and OLB. When I watch games I watch them. He still has plenty left in the tank to help this team.

He was top 15 in sacks and tackles.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:49 PM

^Top in sacks and tackles at that level isn't a good thing, and it's kinda skewed. Raiders were on defense all day, and why would you want Woodson top in sacks? That should be led by a LB/DE not a Safety.

I think you're better off if it's a linebacker, middle linebacker to be specific. Ala Willis/Bowman. Yea that's like matching up a #1 vs a #32, so it's like apples and oranges... but if a defensive player, especially Woodson, was leading the Raiders on stats that's all bad. Dude has knowledge, that makes sense to keep him around as a mentor. Other than that he ain't much, and he knows the Raiders ain't much but $$ and he'll end up retiring there anywho.

McKenzie is putting a lot of questionables into signing. I'm not disagreeing with them, but a lot of those signings have a lot to prove. I do like the Shaub sign, I think that's the best QB because McCown got swooped on fast. I still think the meat of the game on the AFC side is stopping Manning/Brady. A hard nosed defense goes a long way and keeps you in the game. Mobile QBs are better with crappy o-lines. So if you want Shaub to be the man, he's gonna need a strong run game and o-line. Raiders gotta start working from the inside out. Hope these guys show up... cuz the past has shown the Raiders are a spot where careers end. Tons of players have come from the Raiders to be awesome elsewhere, hope they are utilized better here.

Last edited by iLoqin; 03-21-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:40 PM

Just looking at the picks.
49ers have 12picks : 1,2,2,3,3,4,5,6,7,7,7,7

It's amazing how they acquire so many.

Raiders who have 7picks : 1,2,3,4,6,7,7.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:06 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Just looking at the picks.
49ers have 12picks : 1,2,2,3,3,4,5,6,7,7,7,7

It's amazing how they acquire so many.

Raiders who have 7picks : 1,2,3,4,6,7,7.
Yeah. The Raiders wouldn't be out of their mind to trade down in the first round and pick up another high pick. They need a few more.

Niners have made mostly right decisions for a while now. Mostly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 NFL Free Agent and Draft discussion...