Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

JDM WRX GC8 swap...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: GF8 ver6
I am working on the swap. I got the motor and pretty much all the parts to prepare for the swap. The easy part is the swap, the hard part is the wiring.
Why shop charges a lot is because of the wiring. It is very complicated.
I got the 99 JDM EJ20 motor without ECU and wiring..
I bought the JDM ECU and I am gotta use USDM WRX wiring harness since the connectors are the same. Now... I am twisting my head to figure out how to combine the new wiring and current wiring because I want to use current wiring for all the housekeeping wires...

If you find the same year motor as your car, it's a lot easier. A lot of plugs matches actually.

As for the price on motor, it depends..
JDM WRX motor ranges from 92 to current ones.
Keep in mind, early motors are more than 10 years old so they are somewhat tired. Same goes to 10 years old turbo. Some might not be in good shape anymore.
Old ones are pretty cheap though.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:12 AM

Car Info: 98 L w/hybrid ej257 Linked
where did you get the motor at? how far is pasadena from orange county>??
Old 03-09-2003, 05:25 PM

Car Info: 98 L w/hybrid ej257 Linked
us wrx, i dont know where to look for one so i cant really compare prices, i go by what shops around me say. but i am still deciding on the car i want, i am soo torn between these 3 i dont know. time will tell which car will be better fo rme

Quick Reply: JDM WRX GC8 swap...